X-Men '92 [Marvel]

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's early yet, but I'm making the thread for this "Secret Wars" tie-in now in light of news from earlier this week that writer Chris Sims has been an epic doucher in the past, having bullied and harassed a female comic book writer he didn't like -- behavior that contributed to her abandoning the industry and apparently left her suffering from PTSD.

To his credit, Sims makes no excuses for his behavior and acknowledges that he was entirely in the wrong. He also seems to understand the nuances of why -- over and above just being an unrelenting dick -- his actions amounted to harassment and oppression of women.

Given that he really seems to understand why it all was wrong, I believe that his acknowledgements of his wrongdoing reflect genuine penitence and growth. It's not too much to ask of people that they not be dicks, but when they have been, all you can ask for is that they stop and learn why it's wrong. Seems like he has, so I'm still on board to try this title out.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The Secret Wars '92 run was brilliant. Just brilliant.

The new run is a little more self-aware and looks to be more focused on playing around than just delivering an X-Men '92 experience like the Secret Wars run did. I'm curious where it'll go with the arc and how solid it stays, bit it's decent fun for now.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm fine with it. SO many Secret Wars titles that were amazing were just ok after those little runs.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That pretty much applies to Marvel in general post-"Secret Wars."

Exceptions here and there ("The Vision" is great, Jason Aaron's work on Thor remains good, Squirrel Girl is Squirrel Girl) -- but yeah, a whole lot of underwhelming stuff, if you ask me. Event books for the year don't seem any better off. "Civil War II" has been awful, with several of the tie-ins handling the concept far better than the core miniseries, and "Inhumans vs X-Men" looks to be shaping up to be just as contrived and out of character for most everyone involved.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Spider-man & Totally Awesome Hulk have grown really well during all this Civil War whatnot, but yeah, a lot of it feels disjointed in general but especially now. I'm thankful that there're some series that manage to still do their own things, but some of it feels really odd being TOO departed from it all. Ya know? I'm really hoping that things get their shit together once this's all over.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
God knows when that will be. After "Civil War II" and "Death of X"/"Inhumans vs. X-Men," we've got the "Monsters Unleashed" event.

Which I'm slightly optimistic about, honestly. I'm hoping it will be a return to form and signal the end of this constant "heroes vs. heroes" crap. If, as it appears to me, for this upcoming event they're harking back to the Monster Age of Marvel -- the end of which was heralded by the emergence of the Fantastic Four and the modern Marvel superheroes -- then it very well may be that this is where the heroes get back to acting like heroes and work together.

Afterward, hopefully Marvel will give the events a rest for a couple of years and just focus on good individual books.

Top Bottom