• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast - Episode 21 Discussion Thread

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
TheLifestreamFinalFantasyPodcast.png

Episode 21

It’s the twenty-first episode of The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast!  Join Carlie, lithiumkatana17, Ryushikaze, Tennyo, and vaderSW1 as they go on a mythical journey into all things Final Fantasy!

In this episode we discuss some of the most recent Final Fantasy (and related) news including:

• The UK receiving a Kingsglaive:  Final Fantasy XV premiere
  • SDCC 2016 Kingslaive:  Final Fantasy XV trailer
  • SDCC 2016 A King's Tale:  Final Fantasy XV trailer
  • Brotherhood:  Final Fantasy XV Episodes 3 & 4
  • Florence + The Machine "Songs From Final Fantasy XV" EP
  • Final Fantasy XV Season Pass Announcement
  • The 12 minute preview of Kingsglaive:  Final Fantasy XV
  • Square-Enix's YouTube Video of the First 60 Minutes of Final Fantasy XV
  • Kefka and Kain Highwind's additions to the Dissidia:  Final Fantasy Arcade Game
  • The release of the new mobile titles:  Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Mobius Final Fantasy
  • Justice Monsters Five release timeframe announcement

Then we get into our main topic of discussion:

The announced delay of Final Fantasy XV!

We also dig into our listener feedback!

This episode’s Question for the Listenership:

How do you feel about the delay of Final Fantasy XV?

Email us at [email protected] or reply to the episode post on TheLifeStream.Net forums and let us know!

We want to hear from you!  Send your questions, feedback, and episode topic suggestions to us at [email protected].  You can also reply to the episode posts for each episode on TheLifeStream.Net forums.  Not registered yet?  Just visit http://www.thelifestream.net/forums and become a member!  Also, please leave us feedback on iTunes!  We will do our best to read your questions, comments, and feedback on air!

Total Run Time: 1:58:47

Subscribe to us on iTunes so you never miss an episode!

Music appearing on this podcast is courtesy of the following:

“Take a Chance” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“Discovery Hit” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

WARNING! Explicit content.

Special thanks to Flintlock for the episode artwork!

Special thanks to Tennyo for editing the show!

TheLifestream Podcast Extras:

Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV - Episode 3:

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade Kefka Palazzo Trailer:

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade Kain Highwind Trailer:

SDCC 2016 Kingsglaive:  Final Fantasy XV Trailer:

SDCC 2016 A King’s Tale:  Final Fantasy XV Trailer:

Square-Enix Blog post regarding the Final Fantasy XV Season Pass:

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/icymi-final-fantasy-xv-getting-season-pass

Square-Enix Press Release Regarding Final Fantasy XV Delay:

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/774/new-release-date-set-for-final-fantasy-xv

Youtube video from Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata Regarding Final Fantasy XV Delay:

12 Minute Preview of Kingsglaive:  Final Fantasy XV:

60 Minute Preview of Final Fantasy XV:

Brotherhood:  Final Fantasy XV - Episode 4:

You can listen to the episode by clicking the link below:

The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast - Episode 21

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Re: Dissidia Arcade: They did say it would stay arcade exclusive for at least a year so I think a console port in 2017 is fairly likely imo, especially since the arcade version already runs on PS4 specs iirc.

I already played it though, so :monster:

Also, lol at Carlie's FFXIV updates :awesome:

And what's with the FFVIII hate? :kermit:
I kinda feel like playing through it again to be honest. It's stylistically/aesthetically the closest to XV so I kinda feel like using VIII as my appetizer for it. :monster:

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Long post incoming :awesome: You can skip some points if you read this out loud. If not, I'm so sorry :awesome:

I love that someone else (Carlie) liked the running guy cheering Prompto on as much as I did in his Brotherhood episode :D I smiled everytime, I liked seeing Prompto get a drive to become fit, ect. It was a nice episode.
I know that there's several parts of the Brotherhood episodes that seem very 'anime-ish' and whatnot, but I actually quite enjoy watching them. It gives me a nice preview of the characters (I've not played any demos or watched long videos so all I got is some trailers and interviews).

I agree with Florence + The Machine being a worthy addition to the game :awesome: I've listened to previews of the three songs and they sound fabulous.

I agree with Tenny about the Dissidia characters (not wanting too many VII characters over others). Also with Vader being baffled by the internet gaming community half the time :monster: Nowadays it seems some people are quick to complain about new games, and not just complain, but literally tear it to shreds. I mean maybe it really is just a few gamers out of them all that are complaining very loudly, but still. :wacky: Like is this just some people having way too high expectations or what? Seems like it's becoming more recent, but I've only been checking out gaming reviews and whatnot in the past couple years online, so I can't be positive.

I've never spent money on mobile games either. Don't do it. It's not worth it. :awesome:

I've not heard about the day 1 patch they were planning on adding to FFXV; if that was a plan and they'd rather put it in the game first before release, then by all means I want them to. Last thing I, as someone with not the best internet connection, want to do on the first day of buying FFXV is to have to fiddle and wait to download some stupid patch first :wacky:
Anyways, I'm not fussed at all about the delay. Mainly because I don't even have a PS4 yet, but I'm also a patient person. I think it'll be good for SE to make sure this is the last time they switch the release date. :monster:

I would never take time off to play a game either, Tenny :awesome:

Vader's 1,000 minute long laugh made me laugh :wacky:

Also my voice sounds like a goddess unfeminine pretty normal. Yes LOVE FEST :reptar: This was a very enjoyable podcast, I loved all the XV topics and whatnot. You all sounds like you have a lot of fun doing this. ^_^

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Last thing I, as someone with not the best internet connection, want to do on the first day of buying FFXV is to have to fiddle and wait to download some stupid patch first

Oh make no mistake, there will be a new day one patch at release. I'd bet on it :wacky:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I love how I didn't see the updated trailer and obviously hadn't heard this before writing my Kingsglaive review and both me and Lith (or was it Tenny?) noticed Yojimbo. Vis a vis Ryu's comment about him being too armored, let's call a spade a spade - he is a mashup of both KOTR and Yojimbo because Squeenix wanted to do both. The KOTR comparison, Ultros and Diamond Weapon imagery were all pretty obvious. XD. The full movie is tons of fun. If we do a Kingsglaive review Pod I will rant my love.

Edit #1: Vis a vis Rotten Tomatoes - Here's the indication to go by. 7% Critic Score, but 78% Audience Approval. Maybe Critics don't get it?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Thing is, low tomatometer doesn't necessarily mean it's getting destroyed by critics - it's not an aggregate score, it just counts how many gave it a positive review. It doesn't really make a distinction between how positive or how negative reviews were.

There's also only 14 reviews counted on RT whereas big Hollywood releases generally have over 100 - 200 reviews.

Also, wouldn't mind doing a review episode either - as long as you don't record at 3am :wacky:

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Vis a vis the iTunes reviews:

Vis a vis the "love" from the outro:

I'm not a DLC, I'm an expansion pack baby. Also yo mama so easy everybody calls her "Shareware". :monster:

Last edited:
Yayy, I got defended! Lol

I just wanna say, I posted that review literally months ago. No clue why it took so long for it to go through :/

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Heya guys, thanks for another awesome podcast. I wish you guys could do one every week!

RE: Judge Busts, I keep my eyes on the website Ami Ami for all my goods, the stupid SE Store don't go anywhere near Australia, so if I were to purchase on the American site, I'd have to get it delivered to my mate in Sacramento, then get him to ship it to Australia... such a drag!

RE: Aeris statue (Australian's version of FFVII is Aeris not Aerith ;) ), the guy has 166 feedback all 100% positive, so I thought I could trust him... had a few emails and started dragging his heels saying he's never processed an invoice through paypal, so I gave him the tutorial, even got Ebay to give him instructions... & I've not heard from him so I think I got screwed... never paid yet because he never worked out the postage. On the upside though, he would have had to pay Ebay their commission due to the item selling, I would have much more preferred my beloved statue :( There is always hope & I'm keeping track of his activity! I still hold hope! But I doubt I'll get it for my 30th birthday in January now :(

Hanging for any podcasts you guys put up :D

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Very much so! I'm trying to screw him/her over though. It's not just that they can keep their 100% rating, screw that!!! This statue was meant to be my 30th Birthday present... a hugely desired piece to top my level up milestone!

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Listening to this and reminded of how much fun I had recording this episode with you all. :properhug:

EDIT:

I'm also reminded of how nasally my voice sounds when being recorded. I sound like I have perpetual headcold.

I hate it. >_>

Last edited:
Top Bottom