• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Moral Principles in FF7

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
Sanity is subjective. What you call insane might very well be the truth of this reality. Anyway, to me Sephiroth plans makes sense. He thinks Jenova is a higher being, superior to humans in every way, therefor, it's normal that he wants her to have the place she deserves. I can relate and understand.

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
Please remember that english isn't my main language so there might be some bad wording. I never experienced what Sephiroth did but I can understand how if you see a being as superior, you would want it to have the place it deserves.

Random Nobody

local roach
Sanity is subjective. What you call insane might very well be the truth of this reality. Anyway, to me Sephiroth plans makes sense. He thinks Jenova is a higher being, superior to humans in every way, therefor, it's normal that he wants her to have the place she deserves. I can relate and understand.
You gonna be the one who invites the Trisolarans to the Solar System, huh.

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
Didn't know wtf are Trisolarans and after a quick search I can say this example is quite appropriate to the conversation xD
Well it all depends on what these Trisolarans are because, let's face it, superiority is also subjective and it depends on what criteria you're using, mine won't be the same as someone else's.

Ghost X

Yeah. 'Fraid I'm not going to be nice to an evil being either (eg: by "giving it a place"), whether it is superior or not :p.

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
Here is the thing, you have an antagonistic view of Jenova. Jenova isn't inherently evil, it just does what it does, destroying worlds is it's purpose. When they see a predator killing a prey in the animal world, most people don't consider the predator to be evil, they will just say something in the lines of "it's nature". It doesn't really differ here: Jenova is a predator and humans are the prey. It's easy to class Jenova as an evil being from an outsider point of view but imagine if it was your mother (or at least if you believed it was your mother, if you know what I mean).
Now that it's said, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge human lover. And if in the end humans defeated Jenova, it just proves that she wasn't superior to us. I just wanted to make my point that Sephiroth isn't insane, his logic naturally derived from the false informations he was given. If you take in consideration Sephiroth's past and the wrong informations he believed, his actions made sense. He was wrong, but he wasn't insane.

Random Nobody

local roach
I just can't agree aptitude for violence and destruction of any sort is a measure of "superiority." "Superiority" is meaningless in itself, not even because it's a subjective judgement, but because it has no ontological value at all.

It just sounds like historical justifications for colonisation and (ongoing) neo/imperialism.

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
I just can't agree aptitude for violence and destruction of any sort is a measure of "superiority." "Superiority" is meaningless in itself, not even because it's a subjective judgement, but because it has no ontological value at all.

You're completely right. I was just playing the devil's advocate. However, in Sephiroth's defense, to him it wasn't her aptitude for violence that made Jenova superior but her knowledge, if I remember correctly.

It just sounds like historical justifications for colonisation and (ongoing) neo/imperialism.

Why are you bringing real life events when we were talking about FF7?

Top Bottom