Least Favourite Area?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yeah, the empty Mako Reactor. Besides for that there is literally nothing great about it except for the items you get there.

Lex

Administrator
I dunno, I kinda liked the bleak winterey-ness of it. I hated having to go through it so many times in the story, and then the high encounter rate was quite annoying (and the enemies killed me there once when I was doing the race IIRC), but I'm so-so about it.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I love Mt. Nibel. I thought it was a great fun dungeon.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, the empty Mako Reactor. Besides for that there is literally nothing great about it except for the items you get there.
Rune edge!!!
I would go through 100 Mt. Nibels everyday of the year for one Cave of the Gi. Oh how I despised that place and it always felt like one of those filler-caves to me. I can almost hear how it got developed: "We should add something to this Cosmo Canyon sequence, otherwise it's too short." "Hmm.... Oh I know! Let's add this entirely new race to the game, put a spider-webbed dungeon underneath the town and Voilá, we have some serious depth to this lame-ass-Indian-themed-town!". And thus, the Gi were born.:aah:

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Well, Cosmo Canyon is ok. Mainly because of Bugenhagen and his observatory I am able to tolerate the place. I never understood why so many people love Cosmo Canyon or Nanaki, though would be nice to hear the reasons. I just usually pretend Red XIII didn't even happen

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Hmm least favourite area, does going up the 'Wire of Hope' count, seriously I hate that bit, I know it's really short, but timing is everything when it comes to grabbing onto that bar.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
The music during the Wire of Hope (Shinra Wages a Full-Scale Attack) is rad-core and it's the only time you hear it on Disc 1. I really loved that dungeon. Also, a dungeon that is all climbing (and hence no random battles) was neat, and it was nice and short as to not wear out the gimmick.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
With reactor No.5 I always found if you counted to three then pushed the button it worked, but as for the Wire of Hope, I don't think I've ever got that bar swing right on the first time, possibly once but I'm not sure, the music I do like and it's nice not to have battles but ack I just hate that bar and the battery you use on the propeller always seems to be ages going :(

Lex

Administrator
That swinging bar gave me palpitations during the race. I managed to get it first time but leading up to it... *shudders at the memory*. Same with the button pushing timer thing, which I usually find more difficult than the bar.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Oh god sector 5. I think there is clear evidence that Barret had a thing going with Tifa, judging by the way they are synchronised in the button pushing sequence. I mean come on, aren't they soul mates or what? This kind of effortless teamworking occurs only after many hours of "team building excercises".

Naruhodo

Rookie Adventurer
Great Glacier. It's not that it's a bad dungeon or anything, it's just the timing/location of it was completely dumb. Why would anyone care for a simple mountain hike/snowboarding trip after all the exotic sights we've seen prior? Even compared to other ice levels it feels pretty uninteresting. Hell, Kalm was a more memorable place just because of Cloud's spooky bedtime story alone.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
The feckin' path to Wutai on your first visit. Loads of enemies, no materia and when you do get that materia back it's all jumbled. Rustled me Jimmies big time, says I.

On the other hand, I really liked Wutai itself

jacoobmiller

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jmills or Jacoob
I disliked the perilous journey to North Corel. The dead-end clifsides, ancient railroad (roller coaster) tracks, and awfully redundant bridge to finish made it one toilsome trek my first playthrough.

I only dislike the first part of the road from Costa d Sol to Corel, because it's infested with Grangalans who are the most tedious enemy ever.

Top Bottom