Videos of Final Symphony at Abbey Road

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I was doing a virtual tour of Abbey Road this evening when I came across this: Watch the London Symphony Orchestra perform the Final Fantasy VII symphony in 360° video. Sadly it's only a short excerpt, and the audio and video seem to be a little out of sync, but I thought it was a pretty cool thing to find anyway, so I thought I'd share it. :)

You can also view a time-lapse of the orchestra setting up, an interview with Nobuo Uematsu and some other Final Symphony-related videos, which are also on Youtube but which don't seem to have been posted on TLS before:

The tour's pretty good all the way through, it's definitely worth a look. :)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Very cool, thanks. I like that they picked some nontraditional excerpts.

I always wonder about what the performers feel about Distant Worlds concerts and the like. If they get any particular enjoyment out of the source material, or the slightly different audience. Or if it's just another job and they appreciate it as much as they do performing any other piece of music.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I like to think that for them it's just a job, I mean, most people work a 40 hour work week - do you take enjoyment out of the regular day to day grind stuff?

I don't know shit about professional musicians either, like, do they have to practice a lot before a concert or can they just do it live from the sheet music?

I should go to a music wossname sometime.

Top Bottom