FFXV Update Roadmap [SPOILERS!]

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Do you guys think any new stuff will apply to an already started game? Or I'll be forced to start again if I want the new goodies (once they introduce them)?

As in, I have my own save now; if they introduced the update tomorrow, those changes should pop up in my already existing save, right?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Any patches or updates should work with any progressed saves. You'd only stand to miss content they potentially add to parts of the game you've already progressed through.

That said don't expect an update tomorrow. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Uh, where? I saw one mildly annoyed comment and one noticeably more frustrated (but not asking for anything unreasonable) rant from a person stressing about exams.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Also, this IS a Final Fantasy-based forum, so it's pretty much THE most appropriate place on the internet for people to express a wide range of feelings about the story in a Final Fantasy game.

X :neo:

playable Aranea

giphy.gif

Do you guys think any new stuff will apply to an already started game? Or I'll be forced to start again if I want the new goodies (once they introduce them)?

As in, I have my own save now; if they introduced the update tomorrow, those changes should pop up in my already existing save, right?

Yes.

Guys, some of you are too worked out over just a story in a videogame.

In a FF forum, we tend to focus on the Fantasy aspect of it. :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Guys, some of you are too worked out over just a story in a videogame.

One thing that's always defined the Final Fantasy series, besides the innovative battle systems, are the stories set forth in every game.

Just as an example, one reason FFVII has left a lasting impression in the hearts of thousands for the nearly the past 20 years isn't just the battle system or the graphics for its time; it's the story.

It's the stories in these games that hook people and take them on journeys they never thought they'd go on, or make us feel things we've never felt, or haven't felt in a long time.

Have I taken the story in FFXV seriously so far? Yes. There's already been a moment in the game so far that's made me tear up, and Kingsglaive had a couple more than that. For some of us it's not just 'a story in a videogame'.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
My update Wishlist:

--More places to explore via the Regalia Type F, or for gosh sakes A CHOCOBO.
--Make Insomnia less gloomy, maybe? Hey, at least Ocarina of Time and FF9 had hidden Merchants. FF8 had the Card Club. Type Zero had stuff too I think.
--Give Bahamut/Ifrit/KotR a more practical use (here's a hint: Seraphic Gate).
--Places to travel by boat outside the main story.
--Something like the Library of Ancients that acts as a Glossary/Bestiary/Collection Record.
--An Arena for guest battles.

Top Bottom