Yoshitaka Amano artwork for 15?

Leo

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Besides the logo, and that 3D art project he did, is there any other art by him for FF 15?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
VrkSRqB.jpg

Etro.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Didn't he also do the mural thing
I'm not sure. One of you with the artbook will need to confirm, but I remember thinking "This doesn't look like Amano's work since it doesn't look like a drunk dragon vomited into a pool of whale spunk, followed by a battalion of beavers taking a shit in it."

You can actually make out what's in the fucking picture.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
The mural is definitely Amano's work. :D

I haven't bought his most recent art book yet but I do follow his work and while it's still notably 'amano', his style has changed (a lot, in my opinion) through the years. He does a lot of mural work now and he seems to be moving in the direction of large scale and 3-D stuff.

I have the UCE art art book (which I skimmed through, once) and I don't recall seeing much or any of Amano's stuff. Otherwise I would've looked twice. :lol:

Lex

Administrator
Didn't he also do the mural thing
I'm not sure. One of you with the artbook will need to confirm, but I remember thinking "This doesn't look like Amano's work since it doesn't look like a drunk dragon vomited into a pool of whale spunk, followed by a battalion of beavers taking a shit in it."

You can actually make out what's in the fucking picture.

I thought I was the only person alive that had an issue with Amano's character art XD. It's so messy. I have a friend in the world, I can finally Come Out and admit it.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I do find it messy as well but it's so out there that there's nothing like it. And I can't really deny his artistic prowess. The point being he is closer to a "canvas artist" than he is a "videogame guy". In this sense, he's a bit of a rarity within the gaming world.

I can appreciate that! And his art has a "je ne sais quoi" that I find appealing, even if objecvely speaking it's odd and all over the place.

Top Bottom