Installation screen unlocked for DCFFVII Multiplayer!

Member "krHACKen" of Assembler Games has just unlocked the installation screen for the Multiplayer of Dirge of Cerberus!

It is not enough to run the actual game, but the installation screen sports much official artwork that can't be found anywhere else!!!

0ePk50S.png

- krHACKen's video of the installation
PlayOnline Viewer footage from 0:45 - 4:05. Installation footage from 4:05 - 8:43.

- Download link to original video recording (290MB)

- Assembler Games forum thread

krHACKen said:
Well, it's hackish.
Firstly, I've restored a HDD image (which contains just the HDD OSD and the PlayOnline Viewer) to my PS2 hard disk.
Then I started the installed POL Viewer from the HDD OSD, and installed the game from its DVD, using the disc installation option of the POL Viewer main screen.

So my video doesn't show the whole process, as the PlayOnline installation part (from the actual game disc) was skipped. Anyway, the PlayOnline Viewer that is installed by the game disc cannot be used as is. It requires patches to go online and update to the latest version, to bypass the DNAS authentication and the infamous termination screen :
POLgoodbye.jpg

The installed game with not be bootable at all, since the launch script no longer exists, I don't have a DoC subscription and the server that hosted the mandatory game updates is probably down, just like the FFXI one.
Also, I used my japanese PS2 to install it, and the PlayOnline Viewer of the HDD image is tied to another console. So even if the game was still in service, it would not run until I put my HDD back to the console it belongs to...

For a quick overview of all the artwork and Japanese text, here is an image album I uploaded.

The following artwork changed quite a bit between the installation screen of the β Version and the retail edition.

β Version:
DC-Beta-Installation-Screen-02.jpg

Source: kupoa's blog

DCFFVII-online-installation-Deeground-Soldiers-logo-artwork.png

Meanwhile the Deepground rank medals/icons artwork only has the difference that one is tilted and the other one is not.

Beta-Installation-Screen-ranks.jpg

DCFFVII-online-installation-rank-symbols.png

Yes, these icons represent the three lowest ranks in Deepground: Drone, Scout and Trooper. After that comes Commander, General and Tsviet.

The magic of krHACKen has ripped the installation screen artwork from the game disc. Download it here.

Extracting the artwork reveals two pieces which are not used during the installation screen and which may very well have never shown up in any context to the player.

E5FGjOG.png

UbQa8wf.png

uOvpoT4.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom