CWjIkcRUwAAX_Ah.jpg

CWjIki6U4AMN9I4.jpg

Via: http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1159592

X :neo:

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Errr, need to make more monies.. and more room -_-
Animexcel1427231396.jpeg

I wonder if Barett's sunglasses are removable.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Keeping my eyes peeled for higher quality pictures. There's a blogger in Japan who usual takes really good photos from various angles, but so far he's only uploaded Tamashii Nations (Bandai) display.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Was kinda hoping we'd see characters we haven't seen yet but so far so good

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
That blogger I mentioned finally uploaded a few photos! You can really see the nice amount of detail they've put into both figures.

tDPKgHT.jpg

deEfY47.jpg

QumXJ0k.jpg

KdqkgZh.jpg

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I always liked Barret, but man, this is honestly the coolest I've ever thought he looked. He looks so badass. <3 Like, you'd better not touch his daughter. Ever.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Sheesh, the game's only in early development and they're showing off Kai actions figures of the remake already?

Square's seriously getting desperate.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
I NEED a jenova one. The second they make one, the worlds coolest water cooled PC will be constructed.

Vito

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I really hope they make smaller ones so I can buy them all and display them together.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
If they could, I'd like a Vincent one. I have Reno and Yuffie from Advent Children figurines, and planning on getting a Cloud Strife Advent Children one next year(along with a KH2 Sora figurine.)

Necro-bump.

Apparently it was posted on December but it's not in this thread so...

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201612/14122937.html

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/435348/final-fantasy-vii-remake-play-arts-kai-cloud-strife

Coloured and dated.

l_5850b36499617.jpg

l_5850b36491918.jpg

They look fucking amazing.

Famitsu says May 2017.
SQEX NA Store says June 2017.

The date means nothing to the game by the way.
From the recent interviews, it's pretty clear that the game (the first part of the remake) is nowhere near complete.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm really digging Barret's design. I hope he gets a lot of love in the remake, I feel like he often gets looked over so I'm glad he's getting kai treatment

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Yeah Barret looks, well... really cool. Tbh I never thought he was much of a cool character in his OG and AC design. This Barret though? Badass.

GunbladeRebel

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Ninjaofwutai
I wanna see more characters in general! I really need to see HD Yuffie! I also love this Barret design, I may want to do this cosplay one day. Now I just need to get in shape lol

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Hey, we should hope Remake Yuffie takes after AC Yuffie. There are far worse directions to take her visual design.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Here is the description inside Cloud's Play Arts Kai box. It reveals some very minor new details on the Remake. The description reads as follows:

The planet watches, while the battle rages on&#8230;

The Lifestream flows through the world breathing life into the planet and all living things. Unchecked by the government, the Shinra Company taps into the Lifestream, converting its energy into raw electricity. But the extraction of the Lifestream is not without consequences. The planet is dying. Fighting to save their planet, the resistance group Avalanche has waged ceaseless battle against the forces of Shinra, but the struggle has taken its toll. On the verge of collapse, Avalanche pins its hopes on one last explosive attack. As they near a critical phase of their plan, they reach out to the most unlikely of allies: a former Shinra SOLDIER, Cloud.

Fighting an enemy. Fighting to find himself.

A former SOLDIER under Shinra&#8217;s direct command, Cloud joins Avalanche&#8217;s cause as a mercenary. His memories of the past are fragmented, and his hopes for the future go little beyond the next paycheck. Yet the longer he fights alongside the other members of Avalanche, the more his brutal past returns, bringing questions. Who were the SOLDIERs? How did he lose his memory? What was the Nibelheim Incident, five years past? As Cloud&#8217;s own path becomes intertwined with that of the struggle to save the planet, he discovers something new inside himself.

Buster Sword

Cloud wields a massive two-handed sword nearly as big as he is, inherited upon the death of his friend Zack. In Cloud&#8217;s hands, the Buster Sword becomes a versatile weapon capable of dealing heavy damage with Brave Slash, cutting an X across an enemy&#8217;s chest with Cross Slash, firing a long-distance Blade Beam, slashing upward with a jumping Climhazzard attack, showering destruction upon the enemy with Meteor Rain, summoning a destructive whirlwind with Finishing Touch, and landing critical strike after critical strike with Omnislash.

Interesting things to note:
-The stakes are higher! The Bombing Mission is now being pitched as a last-ditch effort by Avalanche.
-Braver has been renamed to Brave Slash. However, Climhazzard remains the same.

It's good to see all the classic limit breaks are returning. I'm also impressed they mentioned that each hit of Omnislash is an automatic critical. Good attention to detail.

Regarding the Bombing Mission being Avalanche's last hope, I speculate that this will be one of many developments to story to raise plot tension, especially due to the story being split into parts. For example, if Part 1 ends in the cargo ship between Junon and Costa del Sol (which I don't personally think it will), then they&#8217;ll have to give some massive rewrites to the original scenario to make that event a meaningful and impactful ending. Hopefully it doesn't get as ridiculous as Peter Jackson's The Hobbit though...

Top Bottom