PlayStation 4

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So it's basically an unimpressive looking motherboard in between loads of metal shielding? Nice :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Two things to mention re: that:

1. It's a list of exhibitors (meaning people showing off games, not people making presentations/ having trailers shown at the conference)

2. It's not a final list

Having said that, it's still a bit strange. You'd think they'd have XII HD or some KH on the floor :/

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Or even XV, since, you know, they invested billions into that already or however much it is.

Lex

Administrator
Do games companies put games on the floor that are already out? Seems a bit weird :/

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Shit fuck crap and other assorted swear words. I was supposed to have the new front page ready by then. It's totally snuck up on me.

Not gonna hit that deadline now but I'd better put a bit more work in.

Lex

Administrator
I wouldn't bet on there being any VII or even FF related news anyway, but it's nice to hope.

We'll be streaming again I just cba making thrad and stuff right now, likely I'll panick-strickenly set up the stream and chat ten minutes before the event is due to start because I'll be neck-deep in FFXV :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
blu_1480788000.png

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Well, if anyone cares, which you may not, I just wished to say that the Final Fantasy XV PS4 is beautiful!!! <3

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Uhm okay so I'm new to this whole... pre order and download a digital copy thing... in my day, if you wanted a game, you went to the store and picked up a copy :monster:

Here's my question:
Someone is telling me that if I pre order Kingdom Hearts 2.8 now, I can download it to my system now and play it the night of. Is that true?... are all games like this? I don't want to pre order the game and then have to wait forever for it to download the night of and have been better off just waiting for the morning and going to the store. But since I'm a night owl and didn't want to get up at 10 AM this could benefit me :monster:

They put it up to pre-dl a few days before the release. When it officially releases, you dl a small file which unlocks it and you're free to go.

Lex

Administrator
Huge PS4 Pro news: the 4.5 update (currently in beta) adds a boost mode which plays games that don't have a pro patch in higher frame rate. YES.

To be clear in some cases this means a more stable frame rate (if the game is software locked at 30 for example, that's a game thing and not a hardware capability thing), but if the framerate isn't locked it'll get a big boost.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
But will the boost keep it at a stable usable rate?

Cause 45fps stable is rough to look at, and fluctuating between 30 and 60 is frustrating af to to actually play with. It's why games on console are often capped even if they can "handle" more then 30fps. It's because it looks bad when it can't hit 60 and keep it at 60.

I'm optimistic but the notion of uncapping games that may not hit 60 proper doesn't seem like a good time =/

Lex

Administrator
From what I've read it seems that the point is to achieve stability, so games that have dips or drops are less likely to. It's unlikely to uncap any framerates.

Lex

Administrator
Interesting piece in Time

"All of the rumors of the demise of the console are very much premature," says Layden. "In fact if you're watching [sales tracker] NPD for PS4 and Xbox One sales, you put those together and console gaming has never been as big and vibrant as it is right now. And that's just here in the States." Zip across the pond, and the story tilts further in Sony's favor. "It's been pleasing that in North America, we've been 2-to-1 against Xbox," says Ryan. "But in Europe, it's really been fortress PlayStation by at least 3-to-1 in unit sales."

Ah Europe <3

Top Bottom