Kong: Skull Island

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Oh yeah. I'm very much looking forward to this. I think that seeing Kong and Godzilla together in a film feels WAY better now.

X :neo:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I agree, although we don't see much of Kong the smalls times we do in this trailer he looks far too big, like insanely big. I get why they've done this (to tie in a Godzilla vs Kong movie) but he is just far too big.

did I mention he's too big for my liking?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Carl: Hey, I hear we're going to Ape Island.
Lenny: Yeah, to capture a giant ape. I wish we were going to Candy Apple Island.
Charlie: Candy Apple Island? What do they got there?
Carl: Apes, but they're not so big.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
CxZmrbYUkAAgUEc.jpg:orig

I'm liking it, except for the skull crawlers (or whatever they're called, watched the trailer last night). They seem very generic, and dull. Also, based on their size, they'd have to swarm Kong in order to fight him, and that kindof fight is always lame to me. Plus with Reily's comedy in there in combination with the skulls, gives the trailer more of a b-movie feeling than they were probly hoping for.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
The recent Godzilla movie was so murky and dull in places it is was practicially in black and white. At least this movie looks like it mostly takes place in the daylight with you know, actual colour.

It looks good, but I can't shake the feeling that we've seen this all before.

Ghost X

Trailer is mostly good, best so far. Thought a couple of bits were corny. I hope the tone is not too confused. Tis apparent they're aiming for a bit of humour.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This film was SO damn solid. They nailed the tone, era, mix of humor and tension. The whole thing was just a resounding success, and that aftercredit…

SO HYPE!!!

X :neo:

It was pretty good. Some real interesting monster designs too (that spider was pretty cool, given its environment).
I thought the part when they first get on the island, direction wise, was a good, non-in your face way to show mankind's contempt for nature (aside from one shot, but it was a pretty cool shot)
10x better than Godzilla.

The first person shots were kindof annoying though, even though they didn't last long.

The after credits scene was kindof surprising.
I didn't think they'd be calling out Ghidorah this early.

Edit: It also kindof bugged me that he always walked with perfect posture, not ape-like at all

Top Bottom