• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Time to rename this thread Final Fantasy XV (was XII)?

What does this mean for the lore, though???

That everything we thought we once knew is a lie. Courtesy of Ondore, of course.

HarmoniousTornGrassspider-mobile.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well I guess in many ways XII and XV are similar; XII was the first FF game to have a seamless combat experience (no transitions to a separate combat arena), autonomous party members (with a behaviour programming system that XV lacks; the latter has much less depth in that regard), and a game world that at least felt open and not as linear as the previous games. Also Balthier and Ignis could almost be brothers, :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The remastered soundtrack just got a trailer of its own:

It goes on sale on the 19th of July, about a week after the game itself.

I like what I've heard so far. It sounds a lot more faithful to the original recordings than, say, the Final Fantasy X remastered soundtrack, which changed some songs significantly. I look forward to giving it a good listen, probably well before I actually play the game itself.

Fangu

Great Old One
^ EARGASM

It's actually the one thing I can honestly say I am extremely excited about re: this release <3

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Music sounds good, game looks good too. Makes me sad I couldn't get into FFXII because I want to like it :wacky:

Fangu

Great Old One
You might get into the Job System version though, it's a lot different gameplay wise. We might have had this conversation before though, so feel free to ignore me :wacky:

But yeah, I feel like ranting, that's how excited I am about the soundtrack. Because this isn't just good arrangement and instrumental music, it's GREAT arrangement and instrumental music. The execution is so tight with the original sheet music (I'd say), the new version brings out all the little nuances and things you get a sense of in the original soundtrack, but don't really hear. It's like they took the original soundtrack and made it ten times more true to itself.

This. Is what will make the IZJS remaster worth it for me.

(In other news, I finished IZJS on stream yesterday, by using save states and ATB resetting like hell, lol. I had great fun though. Penelo as Black Mage is OP. Oh and I learned you can pick the same job for different characters, didn't know you could. That calls for some interesting challenges.)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
SQUARE

STOP TRYING TO CHEAT ME AND LET ME HEAR THE REMASTERED VERSION OF THEME OF THE EMPIRE ALREADY :rage:

But good golly, those tracks sound utterly wonderful. I think this may be a soundtrack I actually invest money into getting a physical copy of one day.

I can't wait to hear some of the new tracks that have been composed also.

Fangu

Great Old One
The theme I'm the most excited about hearing in full version right now though, is the first track you hear in the trailer "Clash of Swords". This is the original. Those violins are just amazing.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I saw that his abs had been fixed in some grainy, PAX East screenshots awhile back. Nice to see some clearer pictures in that video.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
The one thing that annoyed me about XII's texturing was the characters eyes. There was no white, it was just the same colour as their skin, and the pupils always seemed so dim.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The characters' eyes were actually one of my favourite things about the graphics in xii. I thought they had a nice look (more of a texture feel) different to the usual for games at the time (free-moving orbs inside the face model? What the hell am I even talking about)

Anyway I'm glad vaan doesn't look like he has a trilobite implanted in his stomach now

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
iirc ffxii's characters models put more focus into textures than polygons (they had a lower number than ffx?) and the eyes seem more like they are primarily textures like a more advanced itertion of what was used in older games like vagrant story and i really liked the look of vagrant story.

but that might be nonsense because i don't really know about this stuff

Top Bottom