General Anime Thread

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Absorbed some culture by watching Ghost in the Shell for the first time. The philosophies were expressed clearly enough. What I could not follow were all the complicated politics that happened at a lightning pace. The high-brow nature of the film makes it simultaneously enjoyable and frustrating: Enjoyable because you see the genuine effort, frustrating because sometimes the movie is yelling at you "WOAH DUDE LOOK AT ALL THE DEEP SYMBOLISM MAAAAN". :monster:

TBQH, this is the exact reason why I enjoy the Stand Alone Complex series (and film) so much more than the original film. The original is spectacular and groundbreaking and wonderful, but it's oftentimes overly ponderous and then breakneck, whereas in the format of a series, you manage to still get all that in heavy doses, but at a more reasonable pace and with lots and lots of layers building upon each other, rather than thrust upon you all in one short sporadic burst.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
After finally dealing with some time management issues, I got to make some free time to watch anime, and finally catch up with Little Witch Academia after being behind for 2 episodes and...the fucking show is still charming, magical, endearing and whimsical AF :desucait:

Is probably the only show I´ve ever seen that made me smille like a child with every second :D

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Would anybody here be interested in a TLS group watch of certain anime series? Am mulling it over with Marcus.

Say we put some 'must watch' series' into a hat and draw one out to watch over the course of a couple weeks (one episode a day) with a dedicated discussion thread here?

Some front-runners:
Spice & Wolf
Evangelion
Clannad
Gundam (any/all)
FMA

If a handful of people are interested I wouldn't mind setting this up. ^_^

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I would love to do that, though my anime choices are pretty limited due to not paying for a streaming service or anything. But I'll do whatever I can to join. <3

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Got a bunch of cool things in my LootAnime box but the highlight was a Psycho Pass flash drive, in the design of a dominator.

It's soooo awesome.

Attachments

• 20170401_020541.jpg
    20170401_020541.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20170401_020632.jpg
    20170401_020632.jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20170401_020718.jpg
    20170401_020718.jpg
    868.2 KB · Views: 2

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Sailor Moon Crystal comes to mind. :monster: But yeah, it's not surprising at the change in quality because when you're working on a weekly deadline, sacrifices to quality will have to be made to finish the product.

(Unfortunately, this is why overworking is a huge problem in the animation industry.)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
"Wait for the BD" is something echoed across the anime community at times, for at least a few reasons.

I'm still waiting to see some good recommendations from this season. I ended up watching a lot of comedy/SoLs week-by-week last season (because Kobayashi's Dragon Maid & Gabriel Dropout are made of gold) and wouldn't mind the same thing again.

Also anyone who loves realistic (albeit high school) drama and suffering should go watch Kuzu no Honkai now it's finished.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
and with that I'm waiting for Joe to get recommendations, watch them and give me the lowdown on what's hot and what's not.

The Saga of Tanya the Evil will be getting binged on my week off. I've also started the Granblu Fantasy anime adaption which is really good but they seem to take there time with episodes (three episodes in about 3 or 4 months) but hopefully gets released weekly.

I need me some more SoLs like what Joe has watched as they are pure brilliance also throw in demi chan wa kataritai fun some good SoL anime.

Also think I'll watch K-On at some point it seems good and the music is from what I've listened too really good.

Sakura Quest is a new on for this season I think I'll start watching, anyone started watching it and got any opinions?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
They could just, idk, make yearly seasons and take their time making them, like they (at least I think they did) with Hellsing Ultimate (although TBF the 'original' anime was kinda crap probably due to the aforementioned reasons)

Is there anything out there with the same production value / cost / effort / winning / disturbing wtfery? I mean Attack on Titan seems pretty good, but it's got a lot of dramatic low-effort filler in between the good bits.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
@Marcus

The Saga of Tanya the Evil was more enjoyable than I thought it would be!! Let's see if you enjoy it.

As for Granblue Fantasy, it's not that they're taking their time. They released the first two episodes as a preview kind of thing and now they're doing the weekly thing. So you can expect them at regular pace.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Not sure this was discovered yet or not, but Cardcaptor Sakura Anime is returning in September this year as a Prologue to the Anime version of the recent Manga-season 3 of Cardcaptor Sakura: The Clear Card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQjpEJUk_QA

Not sure if this OVA story follows where season 3 of the Anime left off or not, but one thing's for certain, I don't think it actually follows the storyline where the 2nd movie left off. Similiar to the 3rd movie of the original Sailor Moon anime.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
What's the everyones favourite spring animes? Currently I'm only watching Little Witch Academia, an anime from last season, I want to add another anime to my list.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Still waiting to pick anything up properly this season, so I've been filling the void with Gintama for now.

Although I did start that Eromanga-sensei after seeing it plastered all over anime communities. It's the very definition of a guilty pleasure. Chock-full of fanservicey trash although the humour is surprisingly on point. I don't know if I'll see it through to the end because there's too much ~cringe~ :closedmonster:

Eric91

Banned
I have a feeling some people on this forum look like this cool guy with yellow pink hair.

Thats what i call confident.

eDVM6SF.jpg

I need this. I need this to happen! A full anime episode with this.

Top Bottom