LEGION, The Gifted, & Other Fox-Based X-Men Shows (XMCU)

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Ah, I thought we would hopefully get another X-Men animated show. I kind of miss having one on television.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
PotX was actually intended to be the pilot for a cartoon that never happened. The more fondly remembered series from 1992 was an unrelated project (thankfully).

One positive thing PotX did lead to, though, is the thoroughly fun X-Men beat-'em-up arcade game.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
PotX was actually intended to be the pilot for a cartoon that never happened. The more fondly remembered series from 1992 was an unrelated project (thankfully).

One positive thing PotX did lead to, though, is the thoroughly fun X-Men beat-'em-up arcade game.

I remember owning that on VHS and watching it a lot and loving the game that it inspired.

X :neo:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA

I do love in POTX that they gave the Canadian Wolverine an Australian accent for no reason. :lol:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

I do love in POTX that they gave the Canadian Wolverine an Australian accent for no reason. :lol:

Hilarious in hindsight considering Hugh Jackman :monster:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA

Hilarious in hindsight considering Hugh Jackman :monster:

I still want it to be animated, because it's been years since we've had an animated X-Men series and I currently hate the Inhumans vs X-men arc.

Also the 1990's X-Men series is turning 25 this year.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I've been swamped this week, so I'll be watching it this weekend or POSSIBLY tonight, and am REALLY looking forward to it. ^^

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
God damn, I'm loving this show so far. Really hoping that
the thing with yellow eyes is Shadow King.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I really cannot overstate how fucking incredibly Legion is, especially after that latest episode. PLEASE tell me that someone else is watching this, too.

(Also, I'd be fine splitting "Gifted" out into its own thread at this point if there's reason to focus this thread on Legion if anyone else IS keeping up with it)

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I've been banking on it since the first tiny hints, but they've had an absolutely fucking MASTERFUL delivery of everything so far. Also, they got confirmed for a second season today.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
First episode of Legion was certainly something else. :wacky:

Just saw the first episode ...
and wow, I thought that was incredible. Extremely well written, and directed, especially in how they kept meshing back and forth the 'insanity' with reality and (at least, it felt to me) purposely keeping the audience on their toes. The way the narrative slowly began to block together as if you were experiencing David recovering alongside him as he was being interrogated, was a really nice feat to pull off in a show. A big risk too. I mean, I just thought the whole execution was fantastic.

SO many questions, but wow, definitely can't wait to watch more.

One thing I really didn't understand though. Due to the kiss, their minds changed bodies ... but then whilst outside, the effect faded. However, shouldn't he have wound up back in his body in Clockworks no? Or did I read that wrong?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
First episode of Legion was certainly something else. :wacky:

Just saw the first episode ...
and wow, I thought that was incredible. Extremely well written, and directed, especially in how they kept meshing back and forth the 'insanity' with reality and (at least, it felt to me) purposely keeping the audience on their toes. The way the narrative slowly began to block together as if you were experiencing David recovering alongside him as he was being interrogated, was a really nice feat to pull off in a show. A big risk too. I mean, I just thought the whole execution was fantastic.

SO many questions, but wow, definitely can't wait to watch more.

One thing I really didn't understand though. Due to the kiss, their minds changed bodies ... but then whilst outside, the effect faded. However, shouldn't he have wound up back in his body in Clockworks no? Or did I read that wrong?

Oh man. I can't WAIT to see what you think of some of the later episodes. :D

Her power works a little weirdly compared to how you'd assume it functions. It doesn't just swap the minds back to where they were when it expires, the bodies relocate to their minds, so when David got taken out of Clockworks in her body, when the power ran out, his body was where his mind had been. There're some things later on where this facet becomes more significant, but it's also (one reason) why she was panicking in David's Body, because she knew it meant she'd still be trapped there.

Basically it introduces a risk, because if you swap consciousnesses with someone and then it expires, the real person doesn't just revert to whatever they were doing, YOU are stuck in whatever situation you got into in your own body with the whole ruse immediately exposed.

Top Bottom