Sonic the Hedgehog

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm just going to spam this thread beacause power abuse and it gives me a raging erection

(volume warning)

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer

Sonic 06 ported to unity. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it plays a lot better. Could do with the Generations models though, I always hated how they looked in this game.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Oh god I saw that episode, I laughed so damn hard at that part. I love how Sonic Boom isn't afraid to make fun of the franchise and it's not the first time they've done that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Gah, you beat me to it.

But yeah, it looks awesome. I too was a bit apprehensive about them leaning so hard on Green Hill Zone again, but a completely new (or at least never-before-used) level with an S3&K-style transition between acts? Hell. yes.

And on Twitter the Whitehead guy confirmed that 2nd acts would have remixed themes also like S3&K. Thank goodness for them finally taking cues from the best game in the franchise.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

(He says the Mega Drive games ran at 30fps...that's not true, they ran at 60 (or 50 for PAL)).

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
ROFL I laughed so hard when Tails dropped Sonic into the spikes. I swear he meant to do that :monster:

anyways for the billionth redone Green Hill Zone, it looks pretty damn good.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I've been teaching my five year old cousin how to play classic video games. Its been a struggle, since she can't really read yet, and most of my games are RPGs, or visual novels. She enjoys Mario, but hasn't quite learned the timing yet.

I was worried when she asked to play Sonic the Hedgehog 2, but I was actually really surprised to watch her blast through pretty much the first three levels without a game over. The game really rewards you for moving forward without hesitation, and the ring-system allows for more trial-and-error than Mario's two strike max penalty.

If she can grasp the concept of moving left instead of just right, and gets her timing down, she could possibly beat this game before too long.

3D platforming...well that's another story all together. ^_^;;\
*Watches Mario stutter repeatedly towards a goomba inch by inch in Mario 64*

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Edit:

New game is called Sonic Forces

C7EwWUaVwAA1dVg.jpg

Gameplay footage:
https://twitter.com/instalyssa/status/842511534383423488

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Really? No one's posted the HQ version?

okay

Well in 40 seconds it's hard to show much but looks a lot like Sonic Generations type of gameplay to me and I am a-okay with that. One thing I really like is just what's going on in the background. The first time I watched it I didn't even notice the military shooting at that GIANT FUCKING ROBOT! :monster:

Also I love the explosions and the sirens. Gives it a more ominous feel. :D

Also apparently the plot, so I've heard is that Eggman has taken over the world... like... he's won and this is the after effects. Sonic has to get his past self to help him... and given the name "Sonic Forces" i have to wonder about that third playable character.. another Sonic perhaps? I wonder where he would be from.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So glad they're finally doing what they should have done - iterated on Generations (i.e. the best Sonic game since Adventure 2, and arguably since even before that), instead of that ridiculous Sonic Boom detour.

Lex

Administrator
I wouldn't hold my breath on that, the gameplay looks similar to Lost World only with the speed of the Generations era games (just in terms of how Sonic seems to be controlling). I'm not excited about it yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm far more excited about Sonic Mania at this point. Which has sadly been delayed to summer, by the by.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

First look at classic Sonic...

Imma go ahead and be the wet blanket and say... the game DOES look fun but FFS we don't need Green Hill Zone in EVERY FUCKING SONIC GAME! Jesus Christ...

okay now that that's over... This "new ally" is clearly not another Sonic... kinda looks like... MAYBE It could be Tails of some kind? I hope so, it'd be nice to see him do something in these modern games :monster:

Most people say it looks like Bubsy but... I'm hoping that uhm.. .just... no... please no...

Ghost X

Tbh, I didn't mind the first bubsy game. I just prefer to live in a universe where he and Sonic do not exist in the same game. At the same time, I'm curious how they'll go about it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Tbh, I didn't mind the first bubsy game. I just prefer to live in a universe where he and Sonic do not exist in the same game. At the same time, I'm curious how they'll go about it.

You do realize it's probably not Bubsy and people are just saying that as a joke right?

Ghost X

To me, folks aren't saying it as a joke. I looked at the image under photoshop. The only differences appears to be the presence of shoes and gloves, but that could have just been added to fit with the Sonic universe. It appears to wear a shirt and has the same head shape as Bubsy. Time will tell, I guess.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
It also fits Antoine who's actually FROM the Sonic franchise so he'd make a lot more sense... besides it's probably a new character... it did say "new ally"... why the hell would they make it Bubsy? Then again this IS Sega we're talking abou tXD

Top Bottom