• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Ghost X

Footrot Flats cartoonist, Murray Ball, dies aged 78.

Also, a week ago, Sydney Ball died, aged 83. Significant figure in Australian art.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I often like to think of the history of music as a complex family tree, with each artist below those who influenced them. If one were to actually draw such a tree it would quickly become obvious that almost all modern rock and pop music, and probably a lot more besides, can trace its lineage back to Berry. He is totally deserving of the "pioneer" tag, both as a musician and a songwriter. He rocked 'n' rolled to the end, largely because his songs still sound good today. Here are some of my favourites​ - you may recognise a couple of them:

That last song suggests that even Nobuo Uematsu was influenced by Berry; the Final Fantasy VI soundtrack contains a piece called "Johnny C. Bad". :)

Farewell, Sir Chuck.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
It just came to my attention via Blabbermouth that Chuck Berry will have a posthumous album.

I'll never know why my parents never exposed me to Chuck Berry while they exposed me to the Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Van Halen, Scorpions, etc while I later exposed myself to the likes of Metallica, Pantera, and Slayer, when absolutely none of these bands would have played a fucking note if it weren't for Chuck Berry (in fact, it could be argued that Berry was the true King of Rock n Roll and not Elvis). I will say this though; the Chuck Berry line that resonates with me the most, looking back, is "All I want for Christmas is a Rock n Roll Electric Guitar", because when I was growing up, I wanted to play that exact instrument. Right now, I have two; my Ibanez GRX20 entry level guitar and a BC Rich Warlock.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Trans Siberian Orchestra founder Paul O'Neill at age 61.

His date of death? April 5th, known to rock fans as the saddest day on the Rock n Roll Calendar, because over the course of the last 23 years, this date has seen the losses of Kurt Cobain (1994, suicide), Cozy Powell (1998, car accident), Layne Staley (2002, drug overdose), Mark St. John (2007, brain hemorrhage), and Jim Marshall (2012, natural causes). And now Paul O'Neill (2017, undisclosed chronic illness).

Fuck you, April 5th! You're just as terrible as 2016 and the 27 Club!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
That fucking sucks. I used to piss myself laughing at his True Hollywood Stories :(

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
That fucking sucks. I used to piss myself laughing at his True Hollywood Stories :(

Yes!! Both the Rick James and Prince stories were hilarious! His work on The Chappelle Show in general made me a huge fan. So many memorable characters. I loved him as Tyree in the Mad Real World sketch. I loved him as Buc Nasty from the Playa Haters' ball and the Time Haters sketches. Damn. It sucks so bad that he passed away.

RIP

Ghost X

Emma Morano, world's oldest person and last known person to have lived in the 19th century, dies aged 117. BRAAAAAM. This lady was already like 84 years old when I was born.

Top Bottom