• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Expired Marvel Netflix series

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes everything together as the last part of the Defenders, and seeing how his powers feel in that setting. I've yet to have any of the other series top Daredevil for me once I'd finished the binge, so I'm curious where this one lands.

X :neo:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, this is going to be an interesting one. Apparently
The Hand is back. I thought they were kind of mishandled in DD2, so we'll see if they can do one better. Looking forward to this now.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I was afraid of this. Showrunner is the same dude responsible for the crappy back half of Dexter. =/
He's also doing Inhumans. >.>

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Since I payed next to zero attention to the production of this show I only realized while reading the reviews yesterday that Jessica Henwick is in this. So two people from GoT are staring in this show. Is funny because House Martell and House Tyrell hate each other in the books.

Saw the first two episodes, and it's... Pretty damn slow. I'm not even sure who they're trying to set up as the villain, or why Iron Fist would want to fight them in the first place. Though if it's the OTHER thing they mentioned, then why are they spending so much time with these other people who are clearly villainous?
I just feels like nothing that's happened so far has any bearing on what's the come, plot wise.

So, the father is running his business like a supervillain, faking his death running things tangentially through his son. But he takes great interest, beyond common sense, in this guy that shows up claiming to be the dead son of his business partner.
Even if he had the parents killed (which I assume he did), the lengths he goes to, and the voracity in which he tries to find out, is astounding. He NEVER leaves his solitude, yet he'll have a secret rendezvous with iron fist in order to ask him where he's been, and when he starts talking about hidden warrior monk temples and becoming a living weapon to fight the hand (which he doesn't know the hand exists) he's like "yes, yes, yes!! Tell me more!! This is gold!!" Like... What? Why would he beleive that? Why is he being so supervillainy about this? Why is he acting like this random hobo guy is the single greatest threat he has ever come across and must know everything about him before he deals with him? Maybe he's fucking bored.

Sorry, rant over. Just I really don't get why the first two episodes basically state: This is iron fist. His parents died in a plane crash, and he was taught by monks to fight the hand. Also his best friend as a kid was a girl and her brothers a douche. Also there's a cool Asian girl who'll do something later in the season.
You can get that across in the first half of an episode.

Just... Ugh, that dad is such a weird/crappily written character. I hope it pays off by the end, cause jeez.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just finished the first two episodes. Basically this ^

Edit: Most of that stuff is answered in the following episodes though :monster:

Last edited:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Three Eps In: Don't like the title sequence, but the show is pretty good.

Ward really needs to work on his 'not acting like an evil corporate CEO' skills. He could not have acted more suspicious talking to Colleen Wing.

Then I completely flipped perspective on him when we get shown he doesn't actually like or want anything he's doing.

Colleen: You dishonor yourself by fighting for money. Don't you run a dojo?

Aren't the chaste the sworn enemies of the Hand? Ah, well, they probably have a lot of sworn enemies. The subtitles in the talking from the shadows scene tells me that it was
Gau. She's not affiliated with the Hand, right?

That is one hell of a tough, loyal security guard that burns the X rays.

Yeah, I'm enjoying this so far. Someone walks in off the street after fifteen years, they're not going to just hand over the company without a fight.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Eight episodes in, the beginning is really slow but so far I think it's actually okay. Would prefer more mystical Mortal Kombattery over board room stuff though :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've only just started Luke Cage, but I've heard meh-ish things about Iron Fist. Still, I'll watch it as I'm looking forward to Defenders. :awesome:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Six episodes in, I'm liking this a lot.

This is the Hand as they should have been in DD2, this is it done right. Overly sensual girl was a bit embarrassing, but other than that this is being played well. They're a lot more believable as a far reaching international organisation and a true threat.

Madame Gau's presence is a bit confusing though, she definitely seemed like she wasn't part of the Hand back in DD. Is this a splinter group? Some she suborned? A different branch? Her Hand operates very differently from the other one.

Really liking Ward.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Aaaannd Done. I liked this a lot.

It doesn't hit the heights of the other shows, but it doesn't sink to their depths either. Iron Fist is inherently more difficult to do on a TV budget than the other defenders, so I wasn't expecting them to do Kun Lun (In case I sound like an expert, I've only read one Iron Fist comic) or the dragon. So I was pleasantly surprised when Davos showed up.

Everything everyone does is plausible, there was no moment at all where I was thinking 'that happened because the script says so', every action everyone took fit what they were doing. Danny's actions at the start fit someone who knows the rules or ritualised combat better than New York etiquette. Harold's manipulations are plausible all the way through. Davos has a legitimate grievance that Danny took up a responsible position and then abandoned all his duties, and le's also legitimately mistrustful of the hand. A rare genuinely helpful psychiatrist is a nice touch.

Corporate shareholder rules were stretched a bit, but not to breaking point.

Colleen and Danny's relationship is the best one I've seen on screen in a looong time, it's sweet and simple and not played for melodrama or comedic misunderstanding. The beats are familiar but they're done well, even buying her building felt like it was being nice rather than manipulative.

Ward's arc-great all the way.

Madame Gao wonderful as usual, you can feel her secretly laughing/disgusted at the feeble interrogation attempt, but smart enough not to spur them on. While her Hand was far improved on DD2's version, I would have liked to see at least one line clarifying the relationship between the various Hands. One line would be enough, something like

'After the recent debacle, head office decided to put our New York projects on hold except for the recruiting and cash flow departments.'
or
'We burned through our hole digging budget too fast, so now we need the money belonging to Gao's splinter group. As we don't want to draw more attention right now, Bakuto must use his existing resources while we recover'

I do love that the Hand is genuinely an international organisation that recruits across multiple countries.

Apparently, this show is getting a lot of bad reviews. I really can't see why, I could see why you might not like it, but I can't see why someone could hate it.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I finished Andromeda so I started watching Iron Fist last night. I have no idea what episode I'm in, they've all blended together in a completely forgettable way, guessing 3 or 4 though. About the only interesting thing that's happened so far is Hogarth showing up.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Damn, I REALLY need to just buckle down and watch Iron Fist. I keep forgetting that it's out. .____.

X :neo:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've just watched the first episode of Jessica Jones.

kinda reminds me of what I'd be like if I had superpowers tbh

only with just a bit more drinking

Top Bottom