Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Donald Glover with the bad guys at 1:52 in the Domestic trailer.

I am hype as hell for this, but at the same time, the whole high school dynamic with Ganke is 1000% Miles Morales jam, and I can't help but feel gutted about the fact that it feels like Peter Parker standing in Miles' place throughout the trailer because of it. Like… I hate to sound this way, but it really feels like they had everything set up for it in the script, but just couldn't convince somebody to make Spidey black.

I dunno man. It just chews at my guts.

Tom is gonna fucking NAIL it as Spider-Man though. I love everything about his Peter / Spidey and the trailer dynamic of what he's dealing with. Totally into it.

X :neo:

So I watched Captain America: Civil War today for the first time.

I can't remember the last time I felt such giddy Spider-Man fanboyism. The casting, the dialogue, the action, it all felt like Spider-Man. Minus milf-looker Aunt May. That hot lady is not Aunt May.

The joy was pure and of highest quality.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Donald Glover with the bad guys at 1:52 in the Domestic trailer.

I am hype as hell for this, but at the same time, the whole high school dynamic with Ganke is 1000% Miles Morales jam, and I can't help but feel gutted about the fact that it feels like Peter Parker standing in Miles' place throughout the trailer because of it. Like… I hate to sound this way, but it really feels like they had everything set up for it in the script, but just couldn't convince somebody to make Spidey black.

I dunno man. It just chews at my guts.

Tom is gonna fucking NAIL it as Spider-Man though. I love everything about his Peter / Spidey and the trailer dynamic of what he's dealing with. Totally into it.

I feel you on that. Jon Watts has said that this isn't the case, but to be honest, how did they not realize how similar it was? Could they not have made at least some kind of tiny change so that this wasn't so close to being Miles?

I mean, I had been predicting that
they'd eventually bring Miles in, maybe even kill Peter off once Tom Holland was done for feels and such, but still.

It is odd.

That's my only gripe, though.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I seriously can't stop watching the trailer. It's like crack.

Also, I have to say this may be the first time I've ever thought a domestic trailer was better than an international trailer.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I mean, you know Parker became Spider-man while he was still in high school and was a huge loser, right? If anything, Miles stole his schtick :/

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
No, it's that Peter's New friend in this movie is essentially Ganke, Miles's best friend. That has been one of the main criticisms so far.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Sup, guys?

giphy.gif

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Someone's in desperate need of a franchise.

And apparently this is all separate from Homecoming/MCU altogether.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I've heard conflicting details about that. I mostly don't buy it for two simple reasons: 1) a lot of Spidey's supporting characters (villains especially) don't work without him as the pivot for the audience; and 2) you can't make it a Spidey franchise if you actually intend to keep them separate from Spidey.

Top Bottom