Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Nothing else in this post could possibly be as entertaining as that, but I do have other cool stuff to share:

—Based on the minimap visible early on in the 15-minute preview for Episode Gladio, a fan going by kinnikuroy on Reddit was able to locate the entrance to the Tempering Grounds in the regular game (the cave entrance is sealed off, of course)

—A line spoken in the game's final battle on extremely rare occasions adds an interesting angle --
during parries, Ardyn might say "I was so very close...so close to taking those friends of yours...and making them into daemons." I wonder if he chose not to because he realized Noct needed them with him to the end in order to get him to fight at his best?

Watch new technologies be unveiled for the Magitek Troopers in this glitch video
And for their ships

The Square Enix Café will soon be offering coasters with original art of the FFXV cast, as well as a placemat with Amano's "Big Bang" painting

—If you've ever wanted Noctis and co.'s ringtone for your own phone, here it is, along with Carbuncle's texting notification sound effect; you can also get Noctis's ringtone without the annoying vibration sound here

Exploration-through-glitched-flight of the fancy building in Altissia, as well as Luna's room therein (Chapter 9 gameplay spoilers)

—If you've never noticed Noctis's eyes turning red when he summons, you get a really good look at them doing so for nearly ten seconds at the 0:45 mark in this video (Chapter 7 spoilers just because that's when this video takes place)

—Iggy receives inspiration for recipehs from a summoning, not just once but twice

Leviathan emerging from above a waterfall and somehow looking creepier than usual

In case you've never gotten a good look at Leviathan's departure, this video taken at Galdin Quay is a good place for it

Ramuh throwing down at the Rock of Ravatogh (pretty cool looking)

Ramuh somehow missing an enormous target completely

Shiva showing up after the enemy is already dead (Chapter 12 spoilers just because of her summoning sequence)

—Random observation, but it's cool how summoning Shiva in

—Nothing too interesting came of it, but there's an exploration-through-glitched flight video for Costlemark now (gameplay spoilers for Chapter 9, of course)

Perona77 is still at it, this time with a new theory that has a few elements (amidst all the crazy + that annoying salesman way of speaking) that sound like they could actually prove true.

They believe Pitioss and Gilgamesh are related in some way, with this mural inside the spinning globe depicting him. It's hard to disagree that it looks like him, and, as they also point out, it does appear that there are (what may or may not be) disembodied souls flowing toward him.

Given his apparent command over the "wandering souls" seen in the preview for Episode Gladio, this fits eerily well -- and certainly there's been speculation that didn't come from just Perona77 about those flying blue things in Pitioss being lost souls.

At any rate, I'd argue that the flying things depicted in the mural are at least inarguably the flying blue things seen in Pitioss. They even have a thin "cord" connecting them all.

Perona77 has also suggested that the random severed left arm seen in the room with the giant moving skull represents Gilgamesh's severed left arm, since Gilgamesh as he's been seen in the previews for Episode Gladiolus so far is missing that arm, and it would have been severed in the same spot (just above the elbow). Again, hard to argue with this reasoning.

Finally, they point out that the Genji Gloves found in the navel of the giant statue at the bottom of Pitioss suggest a connection to Gilgamesh given the association between the two in the FF series (including FFV and FFXII, arguably Gilgamesh's most notable appearances).

While they haven't made this point I'm about to make, the fact that the loading screen seen early in one of the preview videos for Episode Gladio offers an explanation for what the Rock of Ravatogh is also gives me cause to think there may be a connection between Gilgamesh and Pitioss, as the dungeon is near to Ravatogh.

It's not entirely convincing yet, I'll admit, but it does bear the stench of plausibility. Guess we'll soon(?) know.

—On a related note, while making observations about the ruins at Pitioss, Steyliff and Costlemark, I've noticed the three share similar design sensibilities and technologies, even if they're not precisely the same across the board:
  • All three have mechanisms that require nightfall for entry
  • The floor switches that are abundant throughout Pitioss make appearances in the other two dungeons. There are five in Steyliff Grove shortly before the boss fight in Chapter 7. Meanwhile, there's one at Costlemark Tower right near the entrance, along the stairway leading in from outside; a second in the wide room with the puzzle cubes; and a third at the very bottom of the tower, in the room with Jabberwok
  • The doors seen throughout Pitioss are identical in appearance to those present throughout Steyliff Grove; one of these doors also appears in Costlemark Tower
  • The bars on the cage in the first room of Pitioss are identical to those on the gated doorways in Steyliff Grove; gated doorways very similar to these -- and identical to one another -- also appear throughout the Menace Dungeons at Steyliff and Costlemark
  • The stonework throughout Steyliff and Costlemark is the same
This probably isn't news to anyone, but it does reinforce the notion that all these ruins were constructed by the same people -- probably Solheimers.

—Finally, this might be kind of random, but I think the most powerful dialogue in the game for me might be the exchange at 1:05 in this video:

Noctis: "Ignis, can you...sense light?"
Ignis: "To a degree, yes."
Noctis: "So when dawn breaks, you'll know it."
Ignis: "I should."
Noctis: "Good to know."

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I fail to see how that ONE statue in Pitioss is supposed to represent Gilgamesh.

Hell, it's more probable that there's a deeper connection between COR and Gilgamesh, rather than Gilgamesh himself tying into this Pitioss theory that has become so ridiculous (and even that theory is a stretch in itself). And I'm not even sure how they made the assumption that Odin is somehow tied into all of this.

Good information, but they're really making some dubious leaps with this stuff. Granted... The Ifrit/Ravatogh thing did turn out to be sound, but not at all in the context of what they were saying.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Right, and that's why I pinpointed only the few bits and pieces of the theory that sounded halfway plausible --
the mural (but not the statue), the "wandering souls" thing, the Genji Gloves, the severed arm.

Everything else is nuts.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Yeah, they did make a point with
Genji Gloves and such. I guess the severed arm is a good point too. Except it looks like a woman's arm and not a man's. :monster:

I hate to be a downer, because the original theory was good, until things started getting ludicrous and I took a step back to realize just how many leaps and bounds this husbando/waifu team was making. It's not incredibly far-fetched for the developers to turn Pitioss into a dungeon of hidden lore for the game, but some of it's just so far out there.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So I found pictures of the actual wedding dress designed by Vivienne Westwood for Luna in the game, and it is BEE-YOOTIFUL.

881a2b6bb53c0086a0e9f5d7ef890fde.jpg

38cdcc04d8325e02aa314cb78ee50f5f.jpg

Almost makes me want to have real wedding one day just so I can wear this. :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Appparently the chapter patch is out right now. I was under the impression that it would be released the same day as Episode Gladio.

The new story content can also be accessed from the main menu without having to start a new game.

Also, this thread could probably be merged with the FFXV thread we already have.

Also here ya go.

C75EKh4VYAEro-M.jpg:large

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Oh. My. Gods.

I am insanely excited for the update and the DLC. Cannot overemphasize. Can't wait to see what the new ring feels like.

X :neo:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Huh. Didn't realize they'd be adding playable sections with other characters in the main game. Still makes me wonder if I should do it, or wait till all the extra character episodes and play it again that way. Is stuff going to be added to the main game when the other side-chapters come out, too?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
To my knowledge the character DLCs will not be added to the main game; they will stay in their respective episodes. Is that what you're asking?

As far as other sections in the story with other playable characters, I don't think they've elaborated yet. I doubt they'll add much more content where you actually switch points of view; the party doesn't really get separated except for that one instance in Chapter 13.

Well, there's Pitioss, but that hellhole doesn't count. :wackymonster:

EDIT:

Ahhhh screw it. I was going to wait, but I'm playing through this Chapter 13 story now.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Apparently there was a glitch that let you do that before they patched it. :monster:

THAT DOESN'T COUNT

NO MORE INVISIBLE WALLS

BUILD BRIDGES NOT WALLS

Anyway so I'm hearing that when you get to chapter 13 it lets you choose between Noctis and Gladio but it doesn't let you play both sides?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I was joking. :awesome:

I have no idea. Right now I'm just playing as Gladio. I selected the story from the main menu. Maybe when you play through it in the game it gives you that option?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Huh. Didn't realize they'd be adding playable sections with other characters in the main game. Still makes me wonder if I should do it, or wait till all the extra character episodes and play it again that way. Is stuff going to be added to the main game when the other side-chapters come out, too?
As far as we know the main campain will remain as "Noctis story" and the DLC episodes will be available outside of the main game (main menu -> Special)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So apparently this really is an alternative rather than an addition to chapter 13:

If you choose to play as Gladio and finish that part you skip over the first portion with Noctis and start
after he gets the sword of his father back.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Hokay so, Chapter 13 story patch thoughts:

Didn't add as much gameplay as I thought it would. The only reason I didn't finish in less than an hour is because I was eating and perusing the web at the same time. It's fairly straightforward to play through; Ardyn doesn't give them the same runaround as he did to Noctis.

I enjoyed the new dialogue between Ignis and Gladio; it was nice to hear them talking back and forth as they traversed the keep about Noctis and the situation going on in the Empire as they listened to various radio broadcasts. It adds to the story, but it doesn't add much.

I could say the same thing about the new scenes with the Emperor and Ravus. The only thing it does is give you visual confirmation on things you learn throughout Chapter 13; that Iedolas turns into a bat outta hell and Ravus gets killed.

What these scenes add to Ravus's character is that he blatantly tells the Emperor to fuck off and while proclaiming Noctis as the true king, and his true king to boot. Unfortunately for poor Ravus, he ends up getting killed by Ardyn pulling a Faceless Man and wearing Noct's face as he delivers the killing blow.

Bottom line, I enjoyed this new material immensely; but looking at it from a bigger perspective, it doesn't add much.

BTW, there's a Trump/Conway joke in there. Ignis has a line about the Empire spreading 'alternative facts'. I almost spit out my drink. :lol:

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, I don't think there's going to be any more complaints about
the Ring of the Lucii being underpowered now. XD

And used on MA-X Angelus-0:
vSaBBlr.jpg

Alterna is overpowered as fuuuck now.

Top Bottom