AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I81X2MA.gif

Mm tasty

Looks like some X-Files type nastiness.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Got less than 2 minutes to go until this unlocks on my PS4!

tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
how do you know "if" it's true before you play it yourself, though?

if it IS, yeah that's fucked up

but after finding a lot of inconsistencies between "this is what we say the game is like and "what I've experienced myself playing the game", I'm keeping an open mind, period

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've played through the first story mission so far and I'm quite enjoying it. It's frustrating because I want to take my time like any other game, but then want to play lots because I'm heading to Kupo Con tomorrow. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
So once Eos actually opens up, the game does seem to improve. I'm having a greater net amount of fun now that I'm actually exploring. The writing isn't getting better by much, but there are comparable moments of brilliance that I like, especially post first contact with angaarans (which simultaneously opens up the choice to explore 2 more planets). Both planets are interesting in their own right (though visually one is infinitely more cluttered than the other) and both more interesting than Eos, which on the scale of least to most inspired has kind of been pretty average at best as a Mass Effect locale.
Also helps that interacting with Jaal is a joy and the awkwardness of the dialogue and long silences is too good not to be done on purpose. A lot of the angaarans have British (or more jarringly, Australian) accents for some reason.

Other than that as a whole the game does seem to be on an upward trajectory in quality. I think Andromeda still probably has the worst opening in any BioWare game I've played, but the more the breadth of the game grows the less the shallowness of it matters.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Blimey, I personally would have scripted that entire opening sequence entirely different. It felt far too boring and generic. It's not until you actually get the Tempest and play through Eos does the game suddenly kick up a gear and it begins to finally feel like Mass Effect.

So yeah, poor opening aside ... the game is now really good.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I fucking love this fucking game

it's like bioware looked at the success of me3 citadel and said hey we should put more of this in the main game to help characterize all the new faces and get people to bond with them more

no fucking idea what will happen with the romances so far but I'm definitely going either cora or vetra this playthrough (probably cora so that I can romance vetra when I play as femryder)

I'd post a LOT more stuff but I'd want screenies and I haven't been bothering to take them

tldr I love all the ship's crew, even the ones I thought I would intensely dislike (peebee and liam)

ps drack is like wrex as an old man and it's fucking amazing

Lex

Administrator
Glad to read that post Kimble; as sad as I am to be leaving people in London I take solace in the fact that Andromeda is waiting for me to claw into it at home. Looking forward to playing multi with you people.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Is multiplayer tied to your character progression in game, or is entirely separate? Not tried it yet, but wondering whether I should complete the game first in order to get the full enjoyment of online play?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
mp with you two was so much fun the other day; idk if you heard my screeching and raucous laughter, lex, but I know carla did, typically when I accidentally melee'd instead of reviving her and she died in the process

good times were had by all

Lex

Administrator
Nah I heard you guys, I was using beats which are for some reason incompatible with the new DS4, so I couldn't work out why you two couldn't hear me. I have other headphones, we're good for next time XD.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That was hilarious indeed, I also once accidentally ran pass him when he was down without noticing.

Also:

Mordin is way too low and EDI isn't even on it.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Gill promised strip poker.
Arranged to meet me at the Vortex.
I got excited.
... It wasn't strip poker.
:(

#firstworldandromedaproblems

Lex

Administrator
Just bumped into "Bain" and realised while he was talking that his surname is Massani and he's talking about how his dad was apparently a big time merc in the Milky Way but he never knew him.

Zaeeds son is in this game. WUT

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Just bumped into "Bain" and realised while he was talking that his surname is Massani and he's talking about how his dad was apparently a big time merc in the Milky Way but he never knew him.

Zaeeds son is in this game. WUT
If you speak to Kandros on the Nexus (main security guy) he talks about his cousin Nyreen. I'm liking these little inconsequential connections.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
My slowpokeness is showing but ehhhh, how vital is it to the do the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 to build up the readiness/Galaxy at war thing?

Is it gonna dick me if I skip it?

Also, I just met Tali again, talibrations! <3

Lex

Administrator
If you complete everything then no. But I would play a few matches of multi anyway.

I encountered my first major quest bug yesterday in Andromeda, something to do with finding things on Eos then it's supposed to point to a dude which it didn't, but I found him anyway, but parts of the quest still show as failed. Boo Bioware.

Top Bottom