• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

R16: Melodies of Life vs. Dancing Mad

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the quarter-finals. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I had to vote for Melodies of Life. Like I've mentioned before it's the only song left in the competition and it is super pretty. Also the FF Main Theme in the end is great. And I nominated it. Why would I not vote for it? ^_^

Even though Dancing Mad is a great composition I do not have the patience to listen to it. Seriously, why does the beginning have to be repeated? There is no point. It just makes the piece longer and drag on for longer than is necessary. I don't mind lengthy pieces, but it's not a good thing when I just wish the music would hurry up so I can get to a more interesting part or so I can listen to something else. :P

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Definitely Melodies of Life. Only vocal song left and I love it. <3
TBH I really don't care for Dancing Mad. I can think of so many other boss fights/final fights I'd rather listen to. :lol:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Love both of them. Almost impossible for me to choose one over the other.

I ended voting for Melodies of Life because it was the one with less votes. :monster:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Is it just me? Melodies of Life is boring. I mean, it's pleasant and all but I quickly forget about it. I've tried listening to it three times since this contest, and for the life of me I can't concentrate for too long, it just does nothing for me.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The first poll of this knockout stage had 38 voters, and with less than half a day until it closes, this one has only half that number, 19. Is poll fatigue setting in, I wonder? Or are people just not so enthusiastic about the songs in this part of the bracket?

My vote will make it 20 for this matchup, and I'm voting for Dancing Mad. I like Melodies of Life but it's probably not in my top five vocal themes for the series. I think it's got the furthest because the others are either very decisive (e.g. Eyes on Me) or from games that a lot of people dislike or haven't played (e.g. Noel's Theme). I think this will be the last time I vote for Dancing Mad, though, as I prefer both of its potential opponents in the next round.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I voted for Dancing Mad too, what a shock, and I think I explained it as clearly as I can every other time I've voted for it before.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There is NO REASON Melodies of Life should be hanging with Dancing Mad. I mean, they're not even close. I even think sometimes people give Dancing Mad a little too much credit, but there is no comparison here. Melodies of Life sounds like it was written in an hour. It's one melody (ironically), with inoffensive but nonetheless hokey lyrics.
Dancing Mad is a song that obvious effort went into writing, and is infinitely more interesting to listen to. It's also the best cover the Black Mages have ever done.

Splintered said:
Is it just me? Melodies of Life is boring. I mean, it's pleasant and all but I quickly forget about it. I've tried listening to it three times since this contest, and for the life of me I can't concentrate for too long, it just does nothing for me.

As usual, Splintered's description is completely accurate.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This poll is now tied, and the other one that closes today is 14-15 in favour of Battle at the Big Bridge. Very exciting!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Had to vote for Melodies of Life here. I can respect the work and quality of Dancing Mad but for the life of me I can't listen to it all the way through without encountering segments I don't enjoy.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Edit: the results of this poll and others in this round are temporarily suspended pending an investigation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom