A Six-Part Deep Dive Into Final Fantasy VII

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I thought this might be of interest to some people here. :)
Jeremy Parish said:
Final Fantasy VII: A Six-Part Deep Dive Into Square's RPG Classic

When Final Fantasy VII was released back in 1997, it was such an outsized hit that it popularized an entire genre. It made console RPGs cool in a way they had never been up until that point. Now 20 years old, it continues to exercise a tremendous hold on the popular imagination, with the remake being one of the most anticipated games of the generation.

In an effort to better understand its timeless appeal, Jeremy Parish takes a long and hard look at Final Fantasy VII to figure out why exactly it still resonates with gamers after all these years.

Source: USGamer

MoonSkull

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I honestly think it's sort of overrated, but then I guess compared to a lot of the other Final Fantasies I feel like it was the most balanced or something in terms of striking mood and characters and story that people like or relate to. I think it's something about the mood the game manages to convey that gives it sort of a really charming quality. I guess I didn't play it when it first came out though and I wasn't memorized by the graphics and stuff overly or anything.

Top Bottom