I FINISHED 8 (HELLO GUYS I'M NOT DEAD!!!!!)

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
I was always ashamed to come to this site (NO, I never forgot it!) because I was still struggling through the games, trying to find which walkthroughs to trust or not. Then a walkthrough I was watching was deleted and I totally lost hope. It wasn't a week ago that I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and finish my 2yrs dream, and I got up and looked around for another way to finish 8. The video was back up when I went to it and when I asked the user about it he had no idea, so the whole time I must have mistaken it for another video. So last night I finished the last part of 8. 6 more games to go, and I can't wait.

ANYWAY-

So I want to know what are some good walkthroughs I can watch? Can you guys recommend me any? I'm thinking of looking at the PC version, is it different from the PS version?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Grats on completing FF8, I know it can be a boggled mess at times :monster:

Walkthroughs for which game? You moving on to FF9? When I was a lad we always used the BradyGames or Prima guides, but I would not recommend that for FF9 because of the great controversy surrounding that one:

(tl;dr - the guide left a lot of stuff out in order to promote the PlayOnline website as a virtual guide, so you basically paid $20 for a pretty checklist and fans were pissed).

Otherwise GameFAQs is usually semi-reliable for the basics and in-depth stuff, FF Wiki has a lot of good details and I'm sure you can find a tuber who has a playthrough.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
Grats on completing FF8, I know it can be a boggled mess at times :monster:

Walkthroughs for which game? You moving on to FF9? When I was a lad we always used the BradyGames or Prima guides, but I would not recommend that for FF9 because of the great controversy surrounding that one:

(tl;dr - the guide left a lot of stuff out in order to promote the PlayOnline website as a virtual guide, so you basically paid $20 for a pretty checklist and fans were pissed).

Otherwise GameFAQs is usually semi-reliable for the basics and in-depth stuff, FF Wiki has a lot of good details and I'm sure you can find a tuber who has a playthrough.

yeah i'm moving to 9. so there was a lot of content that was left out, is what you're saying?

i'm trying to find the fastest way through and the fastest was a PC gameplay. what i want to know if there's a big difference between the PS or PC?

P.S.: thanks :awesome:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Good to see you posting again. :)

This is the best guide I've seen for Final Fantasy IX, but it's for a very specific challenge: reaching the final level of the game within 12 hours to get the Excalibur II while also doing everything else along the way. If you want to play the game "normally" then take your pick from this page.

And yes, the recent remaster is faster than the original because you can speed it up. It's available on Windows, iOS and Android.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
Good to see you posting again. :)

This is the best guide I've seen for Final Fantasy IX, but it's for a very specific challenge: reaching the final level of the game within 12 hours to get the Excalibur II while also doing everything else along the way. If you want to play the game "normally" then take your pick from this page.

And yes, the recent remaster is faster than the original because you can speed it up. It's available on Windows, iOS and Android.

thank you! although i probably will ghost again because i'm watching more FFs :P just wanted people to know i'm still very much interested with the site and want to get fully in the games before i get into conversations again.

thank you so much for those links! i'm sure they'll help :glomp:

Top Bottom