What are those?

Pixel

The Pixie King
What are the mako pod things refered to in FF7 or crisis core? Mako infusion pod?

Asking for a friend.

The ones in the Nibelheim reactor? They are monster-growing pods. :monster: I might be wrong but I don't think they have an official name. Mutation chambers? Makogenation pods?

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
TLS's Crisis Core Complete Guide Keyword Collection has them translated as 'mako capsules.'

Mako Humans (a.k.a. Makonoids)

Humans who have been continually injected with mako, and have turned into monsters. In addition to those who were being cultivated in the mako capsules in the Nibel mako reactor, there are also those in created by the research of Genesis’ group in the Banora underground.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Aren't soldiers exposed to mako in those pods? They're not injected. I think in FF7 it says infused with mako, but I think the translation should be "exposed to mako".

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The Mako Capsules are different from the way that the members of SOLDIER were exposed to Mako. If they weren't, Zack would've immediately recognized them when he went into the reactor, but he seems totally unsure of what they are. SOLDIER were exposed/showered with Mako in most translations, but this is a completely different process, (which is why they turn into Makonoids) so injection is likely an appropriate term in this case.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Don't think this is still the case, but they were originally the chambers that Shin-Ra produced their manufactured materia in (according to ye olde FFVII Ultimania Omega). Obviously Crisis Core offered different equipment and a different method for that.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Flare and I are working on a little animated parody that involves Sephiroth coming out of one of those pods. It'll just have to be factually inaccurate, because its super silly. :P

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Don't think this is still the case, but they were originally the chambers that Shin-Ra produced their manufactured materia in (according to ye olde FFVII Ultimania Omega). Obviously Crisis Core offered different equipment and a different method for that.

Yeah I remember them as pods where mako waste was compacted into materia. Didn't know where I got that from, but now I know - the Ultimania! Isn't it wonderful to have a single source of undisputed canon that isn't contradicted by literally the next thing that they released? :awesomonster:

Yeah I remember them as pods where mako waste was compacted into materia. Didn't know where I got that from
You could also have gotten it straight from the game. :monster:

Script from PS1 version:

Sephiroth
“…now I see, Hojo.”
“But, even doing this,
will never put you on the same level
as Professor Gast.”

Sephiroth
“This is a system that condenses and
freezes the Mako energy
…
that is, when it's working correctly.”