FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I saw that clip during the Distant Worlds concert a couple times, but not in it's entirety and sound effects.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I don't expect Gematsu to post clickbait, but oh well. Yeah, Masuda is talking about that slide in general.

7b799ee356234159a850707f0c5f3c52.png

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I think the big takeaway is that Gemastu is reporting that CEO Yosuke Matsuda is saying:

"This slide shows our release lineup for FY2017/3 as well as for FY2018/3 and beyond. We plan to launch each of these upcoming titles in the next three years or so.”

Since KHIII and VIIR are both 2018 and beyond, you can guess what that means...

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
That the new Marvel IP is coming out within the next 3 years! :monster:

But yeah, this statement honestly tells us nothing new. That's why I think it's a silly story, with an especially silly headline.

coree

Lv. 1 Adventurer
About the turn-based vs real-time combat. Why not add turn-based as an option in settings?

I bet for those who would like to play oldskewl would be very happy. I know I would!

A Petition sent to their suggestion box signed with enough fans maybe will make them consider?

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I just got back from the Distant Worlds concert in Chicago. There were 2 shows today; saw both. The Bombing Mission was performed with footage from the Remake trailer. I noticed a couple shots were extended for like a second. The shot of Biggs talking to Jessie, he looked at her after he said "Look, with heavy security like this, you want a professional one" and she looks back at him. Something that didn't happen or show in the original gameplay trailer. Not really newsworthy but just an observation =p

Edit: I uploaded the video

Last edited:
Holy shit! Thank you so much for sharing this Animexcel! <3

There are indeed a few scenes where the shot lingers more than it does in the PSX trailer. In some scenes we might be talking about only 1-10 additional frames, but where the extensions stand out the most in your video is at...

1:18 - The camera pulls back for longer, showing more infantrymen at the railing
1:21 - The infanftryman examines the train for an additional second
1:26 - Jessie turning her head to Biggs, like you said.
2:10 - When the grunt gets kicked, the shot lingers for roughly 5 extra frames compared to the PSX trailer​

I would probably find more if I made an exact comparison for every moment in the trailer, but we're again talking only very few extra frames.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Yup, there's definitely more in there! That's really interesting, I wonder if they put that together for DW or gave them the footage and let them make their own video montage.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Holy shit! Thank you so much for sharing this Animexcel! <3

There are indeed a few scenes where the shot lingers more than it does in the PSX trailer. In some scenes we might be talking about only 1-10 additional frames, but where the extensions stand out the most in your video is at...

1:18 - The camera pulls back for longer, showing more infantrymen at the railing
1:21 - The infanftryman examines the train for an additional second
1:26 - Jessie turning her head to Biggs, like you said.
2:10 - When the grunt gets kicked, the shot lingers for roughly 5 extra frames compared to the PSX trailer​

I would probably find more if I made an exact comparison for every moment in the trailer, but we're again talking only very few extra frames.

No problem! I definitely noticed it during the first concert and thought I should record it during the second concert for further analysis, haha. My camera didn't quite pick it up, but you could see Bigg's facial expression change a bit right at the end of that clip where he raises his eyebrows and his eyes looked Jessie. I was like "Hey, he didn't do that before."

Lex said:
Yup, there's definitely more in there! That's really interesting, I wonder if they put that together for DW or gave them the footage and let them make their own video montage.

I'm thinking they provided them the shots that were used for the trailer without the tight editing, which is why the scenes extended a little.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I'm guessing they had an estimated running time for the arrangement that the video had to hit, so SE cut it together from the raw footage without the fades to black that are in the trailer cut.

Makes me think we will get the aerith shot at the start of the game. Also, they didn't show clouds face here, so they could still be tinkering with his look, like textures and shaders.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
To me this is just good news to shut the "THEY SCRAPPED EVERYTHING DON'T EXPECT VII TILL 2020 LULZ" people on various sites. If they're still using this trailer for a recent concert, it means they're still using stuff that CC2 created as a baseline, if not something to be highly improved upon.

Time to go rub it in a few Gamefaqs face, because I'm angry and petty this week.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak

The FMV starts at around 5:20. I watched the whole thing because I think it's interesting to see players' reactions to "the end of the world".

(Addendum: since when has the YOUTUBEHD tag stretched the page? I swear it didn't used to do that.)

That was absolutely intense!! Not having played XIV, it doesn't mean too much, but freaking amazing all the same! Even got the emotions going too which was very unexpected!

Amazing clip! Would have been bitter sweet to have been a part of.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Nothing earth shattering, but I still enjoyed those little scene extensions in the Distant Worlds concert version of the FFVII Remake PSX trailer. It seems as if they cut various scenes from both the PSX and the E3 trailer together, while the PSX snippets have been taken from raw footage. I presume those few extra frames in several scenes were an oversight by the video editor.

Thanks again for sharing the video, Animexcel!

@ChipNoir: That's my sentiment as well. I highly doubt they scrapped the majority of the assets and code they already had. But pessimistic fear mongering people will keep fear mongering pessimistically with a lot of salt.

About them cutting Cloud at the end: I think that's only because the orchestra was already done with the track, so they cut it off right there.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Universal Studio Japan released a 15 second promo for Final Fantasy XR Ride coming next month till June 24, 2018 in Japan. For a few seconds you can see Midgar in all its HD glory.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Nice catch. And once again, Dissidia Sephiroth is something that Nomura reallly seems to like and want to make the default from now on.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
That high level of detail in Remake Midgar makes it even more plausible that part one will be Midgar only.
Thanks for sharing!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Stunning. Much hype. It's a shame this ride is only for a limited time, I don't think I can get to Japan in the next six months :monster:

...Are those going to be their chocobo models? Or are those from another FF?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Midgar looks ace! That panning shot of the city looks absolutely stunning, the architecture feels spot on, and I love just how huge it all seems.

Is that that Lightning Plains from X? No idea where that mountainous region with the Chocobos is from though.

(And gosh how much we must scrape from this little tidbit. I hope we get a proper update on VII:R soon...)

hian

Purist
6k81d3g.jpg

Also, the reactor you can see the kanji on is Reactor 7, meaning that's where Sector 7 is.
Which means we're looking at either Sector 5, or Sector 1.
It's probably Sector 1 though, since that's the place where you blow up the reactor during the intro, and if you look at some of the architecture, such as the street down on the right, and some of the surrounding buildings, it looks a lot like some of the stuff you see in the background of the second (gameplay) trailer.

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^That's gonna be a new desktop background <3 It looks absolutely stunning. I love the colorful sunset and how Midgar has those gold and green tones settling in as the night begins. Reallt hope we see sights like that (and colors) during the remake.

Also those chocobos look like FFXIV's chocobos to me. :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It is really stunning to see the churning green smoke of the mako reactors during the day. Really hammers home how unnatural mako energy use is.

Top Bottom