• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What Dragon Age classes and specialization would the cast of Final Fantasy VII have?

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
In Bioware's Dragon Age series both the protagonist of the game and his or her companions belong to one of three classes, mage, rogue and warrior. Within each class you have subclasses known as specializations that expand on the class's base abilities. Like Spirit Healer, Blood Mage, Necromancer, Knight Enchanter/Arcane Warrior and ect. For mage. For rogues it would be Assassin, Marksman, Tempest, Duelist, Artificer and more. With warrior the specializations are Champion, Reaver, Berserker, Templar, Spirit Warrior and so on and so forth. For the purpose of this thread all characters can have up to three specialties in their primary class (more on this one later). Since each Dragon Age game has its own variations on the series' specialties I suggest that you pick the version you find best.

Now sometimes you might spot a specialization that might fit a particular character, but it's for a class he or she lacks, don't fret and jest give it to him or her. Like with Vincent. He'd probably make most sense as a rogue, but his Limit Breaks and backstory make him a shoe in for the Shapeshifter specialization, just with different forms than your standard giant spider, bear and swarm forms. Also, in the Dragon Age game, the Archery talent tree and associated talents cover all missile weapon attacks, including thrown weapons and likely firearms. Lastly, all SOLDIERs, including the washouts, are treated as warrior/mages. This is due to their extensive combat training and Mako treatments. Since mage is their secondary class they can only possess two specializations in it. These Mako treatments basically render all SOLDIERs eligible for the Templar specialization without the need for lyrium infusions, and their Jenova cells render them eligible for the Dragon Age: Inquisition Reaver specialty without the need for drinking dragon's blood.

For the purpose of this thread all characters, except for Nankai and Cait Sith, are considered human. As far as I'm concerned Cetra are just Gaia's natural born human mages. Sort of like DC's homo magi or the mages of the Dragon Age setting, except with a greater tendency to breed true.

Characters
Cloud Strife
Tifa Lockheart
Zack Fair
Aerith Gainsborough: Mage
Barret Wallace: Archery focused Warrior (Guardian/custom Champion and Archery hybrid/Berserker (DA II))
Cid Highwind: Two-handed weapon Warrior (Reaver (Inquisition)/Champion/Artificer)
Vincent Valentine: Archer/Triggerman Rogue (Shadow/Marksman/Shapeshifter)
Yuffie Kisagari: Dual wielding Rogue (Tempest/Artificer/Force Mage)
Nankai
Cait Sith
Rufus Shinra
Hidegger
Scarlett
Rude
Reno
Elena
Tseng
Cissnei
Kunsel
Genesis Rhapsodos
Angeal Hawley
Sephiroth

Dragon Age: Origins classes and specializations
Dragon Age II classes and specializations
Dragon Age: Inquisition classes and specializations

Bonus Round: Which companions and or advisers would the heroes of Final Fantasy VII get along with best?

Dragon Age: Origins companions
Dragon Age II companions
Dragon Age: Inquisition companions and advisers

How about Corypheus?

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Cloud Strife - Champion
Tifa Lockheart - Duelist
Zack Fair - Ranger
Aerith Gainsborough - Spirit Healer
Barret Wallace - Warrior
Cid Highwind - Artificer
Vincent Valentine - Shadow/Shapeshifter
Yuffie Kisagari - Force Mage
Nankai - Ranger
Cait Sith - Bard
Rufus Shinra - Duelist
Heidegger - Keeper
Scarlett - Assassin
Rude - Legionaire Scout
Reno - Shadow
Elena - Legionaire Scout
Tseng - Shadow
Cissnei - Legionaire Scout
Kunsel - Bard
Genesis Rhapsodos - Templar/Arcane Warrior
Angeal Hawley - Templar
Sephiroth -Champion/Spirit Warrior

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I know, but something about her being a class that ignores her massive speed (the highest in the game) and the fact that she is an attack oriented ninja (with magic ability to be sure), it feels weird to have her be a mage.

Surely there's a class that represents that eclectic mix in Dragon Age?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I know, but something about her being a class that ignores her massive speed (the highest in the game) and the fact that she is an attack oriented ninja (with magic ability to be sure), it feels weird to have her be a mage.

Surely there's a class that represents that eclectic mix in Dragon Age?

She's one of the foremost Materia users in the FFVII franchise, gotta empathisise that.

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
I'm going with everyone else and labeling Yuffie a Force Mage. But like I suggested with Vincent, I'm giving Yuffie a mage specialization, but I'm not making her an actual mage. While Vincent is going to be a rogue turned shadow/marksman (with select talents renamed for Vincent)/shapeshifter, Yuffie will also be a rogue, in this case turned artificer (for her grenade-based Limit Breaks)/tempest/force mage. That should be fun.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Occupational wise? Yes. Fighting style wise (which is what I assume most of this is being drawn from) eh, it differs, I'd say.

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
Occupational wise? Yes. Fighting style wise (which is what I assume most of this is being drawn from) eh, it differs, I'd say.

Fighting style wise is what I'm looking for. I tend go with the "profession doesn't always equal training" route. You can be a berserking, dragon's blood drinking zhwerihander wielding warrior and be employed as an assassin, while you can also be a stealth trained master of the art of killing but function as a vigilante or soldier in a mystical shadow war against mad cults bent on world domination. Yuffie is a ninja by profession, yet what great skills at stealth, subtlety, subterfuge and infiltration does she really show. In my opinion she's to shinobi what Sterling Mallory Archer is to secret agents.

Want to talk about armor selection/crafting too?

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
Well then, I just added classes to five characters and gave specializations to four of them. For Aerith, I'm a little leery of making her a typical spirit healer. Considering her Limit Breaks of Fury Brand and Seal Evil along with her healing and restorative ones, I'd make her a custom hybrid specialization along the lines of the Dragon Age II, companion only custom ones. Sort of like Anders's Vengeance tree, just replace the Reaver like portion of the talent tree with more Templar-like abilities.

Top Bottom