Doctor Who!!~

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
"The Pilot"

What a refreshing welcome back to Doctor Who! I originally went in expecting to have to force myself to tolerate Bill ... only to find that she is pretty damn interesting! She feels like a balanced cross between Rose and Donna. I loved her characterisation, including the humour, and the emotion that Pearl can convey in both her expression and eyes. The story itself, though not anything to write home about, was an excellent jumping on point for any new fans of the show, and there were some really cool set pieces throughout.

It's been said before but it needs to be said again - without Clara, it feels like the Doctor can breathe and finally take center stage. I loved him teaching at the University and his interest in Bill. That was the sort of 'mentoring' Doctor that I've expected from Capaldi all this time. Him having a conversation with the photos of Susan, River - and the Tardis - was heartwarming.

The scene where Bill was about to get mind-wiped was very emotional too. The kick in of Clara's theme was absolutely spot on as the Doctor suddenly realised that he couldn't put someone else through what he went through. Pure brilliance.

Speaking of brilliance, the way that they integrated Bill's introduction scene from way back was incredible. And blimey - Nardole wasn't (overly) annoying! He actually helped facilitate the new dynamic between the Doctor and Bill.

Yeah, what a fantastic welcome back to Doctor Who.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Oops, I keep forgetting to post in here...

Smile

A brilliant two-hander episode between the Doctor and Bill. The two carried it perfectly and gave us more insight into the dynamic between them. I also love it when the Doctor gets it wrong and we have to hasten to another resolution. Some people were a little annoyed at the 'reset button' ending, but like I've pointed out elsewhere, it was hardly a reset because those deaths still happened, and the humans know what the Emojibots did and are now forced to live with that. It was a little like the Zygon invasion in that respect.

Thin Ice

Another brilliant episode that surprised me quite a few times. I love that Bill absolutely called the Doctor out on just shrugging away deaths, just like Donna did. It was such a powerful scene, and I loved how it lingered between them until the end. And my surprise came at them not just sliding away from Bill's ethnicity, but referencing it when she was uncertain about moving about in the past, and then later on, when the evil dude called her down for sitting in the presence of her 'betters'. They could have easily just ignored it, but at least they made an attempt. (I say this because there is some minor explosion, as usual, on social media platforms about the scene and the Doctor striking him right after he said that, but hey). Loved it. I also love how the MOTW isn't always clear cut and that there's more to it than at first glance.

Bill is amazing. Loving her so much.

And the Vault ... 4 knocks right at the end. Shit is about to get really interesting...

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Knock Knock

Brilliant episode. Slightly weird in that it felt extremely like it could have featured the characters from Class. I loved how Bill kept telling the Doctor to go so that she could have a normal part of her life, but then you could see the fear growing that something wasn't right in the house. The story was really good, though I wish at least some of those deaths had stuck. It was wrapped up a little too neatly.

Oxygen

Pearl Mackie is awesome - the way that she can put a lot of emotion into her eyes and phrases her words speaks volumes. She really is a great companion and I'm absolutely loving her performances. This was a fantastic episode from start to finish. But with Bill almost dying twice, the Doctor is trying to cover things up and this is going to cause a huge explosion between the two once she does find out that he is really blind.

Like I mentioned elsewhere, the Doctor's almost cavalier attitude that everything will turn out alright in the end due to his cleverness is a dangerous thing. And the consequences are now going to build up.

I could have done without Nardole, though I'm still intrigued by this Vault stuff.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Fantastic choice,
loved her performance in Broadchurch. It'll be nice to see a lighter and funnier side to her!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Properly excited for this!
As soon as I saw they had a good on, I knew we'd gotten a female Doctor.

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
The official poster for the new Doctor ...

23379848_2106640579349958_7216483921715740550_n.jpg

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
They were filming on Location and someone snapped a shot of her wearing 12's clothing :monster:

kznwc1A.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom