Gambit Standalone Film

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
CJrmcYGUkAAa1pF-600x450.jpg

I'm finally pulling this out of the First Class, DoFP, Apocalypse thread into its own place. :monster:

While we know that Channing Tatum is gonna be Gambit since he's pretty much entirely responsible for this film happening at all, we now also know that Lea Seydoux has been offered the female lead of Bella Donna Boudreaux.

ryan-reynolds-channing-tatum.jpg

X :neo:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Amen. I don't know what the popular opinion is but I'm really looking forward to seeing Tatum as Gambit. It seems like a great match to me and I'm curious to see how he sits in the role.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I'm not completely sold on Tatum, but I do love Gambit, so I'm quite looking forward to what they do with this.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Well it does seem like they're taking the right lessons out of Deadpool, for the moment at least.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Gambit's new release date is March 2020.

(Pulled from the Deadpool thread)

"Gambit is getting a new date"

Are we still pretending like the movie is happening? :wacky:

I mean, they are still actively talking about it! The updates I haven't added to this thread are that they discussed where it was at back in May and touched on how the Fox/Disney merger had everything Marvel-related that was in development by Fox in a very nebulous place. Then, just yesterday they mentioned in an interview that it's scheduled to enter pre-production at the start of 2019, and is loosely focused on being a romantic comedy in the same way that Logan would be seen as a Western. Being that Simon Kinberg is still actively producing basically everything X-Men-related he does seem like the most well-informed individual, and they're apparently still VERY interested in getting this made!

Who knows what year it'll be made in, but it seems like something that would've been ditched LONG, LONG ago if they didn't still have a ton of faith in what they want to do with it.

X :neo:

Top Bottom