Thor

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah looks entertaining and not as heavy / serious / faux romantic / whatever those other movies were - leaning towards GotG in a lot of ways.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
17523462_1403447046344015_4634933360325399895_n.jpg

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
As much as I enjoyed the trailer, it did confirm my suspicions that there's almost nothing 'Ragnarok' about this film. I know the movies don't follow the comics to the exact panel, but Thor's movies have always been the weakest ones of the MCU (IMO), and while I think this movie will definitely be the best of them, the Ragnarok title is very misleading.

Who knows. We'll see, I guess. Very stoked to see Hela in her iconic headdress. :D

And of course the end of the trailer made me bust out laughing.

Loki, I'm sure, will be on point. Tom Hiddleston's acting is always on point with him. I'm just still not buying this BS with him being a lax ruler over Asgard.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
stfu Yop that poster is neat

And that trailer was pretty cool.

I'm stoked for this movie.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I like that the poster is like, "screw it, this is comic book come to life, we might as well enjoy ourselves".

Nice to see that Thor learned something on the "teamwork" front from the old Avenger team. Actually, if this is what Thor and Hulk were doing in Civil War then they totally deserve the opportunity to (gently) knock some sense into the rest of the Avenger's heads. Love that Thor and Loki are on the same team. Really like that Bruce/Hulk is around people who it's okay for him to be the Hulk around without worrying that he might break them.

This one looks likes it going to be a fun one.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Little late posting here, but I'm not really feeling it with Valkyrie's new armor we saw in that trailer. Up close it looks kinda cool, but in the wideshots it looks like she's wearing onesie pajamas.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
In Germany it's Thor: Tag der Entscheidung (= Judgement Day) :closedmonster:

Japanese retitles are always interesting. My favorite one is Wild Speed MEGA MAX.
That's Fast & Furious 5. :lol:

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
Just finished watching Ragnarok. Loved it. Disappointed they didn’t go with a song like Thunderstruck. Goldblum is still my spirit animal.

Ghost X

As a part of a trilogy, I'm curious if it fits tonally. I keep hearing that it is better than the other Thor movies at least (which isn't hard), so that's good :monster:. I'll probably see it at the end of the week.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
It's been a few years since I watched the first two, but from what I remembered, Ragnarok has a lot more humor in it. I guess because of the success of Guardians and Ant Man. It was kind of more an Avengers side film than a standalone. Which I guess is what they're going for MCU-wise.

I thought it was better than Guardians 2, but I might be alone on that.

Top Bottom