The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Lex

Administrator
So apparently some of our private rooms are broken? I can't get into mine, Lex's, or Joe's.

Also, super stoked for the new alliance raid, as FF Tactics is one of my favorite games of all time.

This is apparently a known bug, SE is aware. It's a pain. I'll raise a ticket today when I get home anyway.

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
I'm doing the Rabanastre raid in a few hours with my static group, can't wait! I got really excited when they announced it was based on Ivalice. It also feels like it's been years since I did a 24 man raid due at this point so this should be fun :lol:

What are your guys' favorite addition(s) in this patch so far?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Since we got our dream plot, Shirogane is my favourite addition :monster:
Rabanastre is easily one of the best 24 man raids in all ways. Was a ton of fun.
The quality of life stuff like beast tribe tokens and ventures in the currency tab is nice too.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I thought Rabanastre was a bit uh... generic? idk, it felt a bit bland ish. maybe I'm crazy though. Should try it again tonight maybe.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Generic? I did it as healer my first time though. I have a list of mechanics to get down before I can do that again... Pillars! Masks! That crazy move from the Griffin that covers most of the platform in an AOE! Cloud of Darkness cages to break! A lot of the mechanics depend on you noticing things in the arenas and not just Cast Bar + AOE markers.

TBH, I'd say the mechanics of Rabanastre was around O2S level. It's just that you're doing it with so many people that it's way harder to wipe.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
does it come with a preorder bonus? I really want the collectible shrieking lex figure

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Loved the raid and especially the accompanying setup!

DAT TACTICS MUSIC, OH MAN. Makes me want to save my game every time I'm back on the airship. The Ultima Theme for that last fight. Trisection. Battle on the Bridge, Protagonist's Theme. Unf.

And I love how they're still letting us kill Argath/Algus, lol. I like that his transformation was the same animation when someone uses a Zodiac Stone in Tactics. Also the bosses using Crush Weapon and Crush Helm are similar animations to Meliadoul's moveset.
And the Zodiac Stone being Taurus and they call it "Duma," which is the name of the Taurus Lucavi known from the background of Tactics' save screen but wasn't in the actual game, which is a clever use.

Connecting it so overtly to us meeting Arazlam Durai in the midst of deciphering the Durai papers? It's like Matsuno designed this thing specifically for me.

:aah:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Lex kept telling me to shut the fuck up while I was watching the cutscenes because I was nergasming :(

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
No he didn't. I have the video. :P

Edit: unless you mean the ones in the unlock quest in which case I wasn't even playing at the time and you probably did mean those ones and I feel silly now

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Just FYI, I invited a new member who is a friend of Teraptas Alastor in the FC. Not sure how much he will play, since he made a new character on our server to play with us a bit, but has his main character on another server.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Hey guys, do any of the housing schematics in the housing workshop interest you (armor shop, Shirogane castle, etc.)? I am working on unlocking all of them just for the sake of unlocking them really, but if there is a particular one you want unlocked first, I can work on that first.

Lex

Administrator
Knuxson please let me know if there's anything I can do to help the process along, I think the Shirogane Castle house skin has a jumping puzzle. Is it airship voyages to unlock the schematic, then a craft?

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
That's right. You unlock the schematic with mats from airship voyages to a couple of specific sectors. You then have to craft it in the workshop.

The schematic requires an amount of synthetic resin, black clay, and bamboo weave. These can only be acquired from airship voyages. I have all the bamboo weave needed for it and need 8 more black clay and 13 more synthetic resin. It will hopefully take only a few more voyages. Once we unlock the schematic, anyone in the FC can contribute mats for the craft in the workshop.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Cool stuff, post here when the schematic is unlocked and we can all chip in with the materials.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
How's the journey to 70 going, Avec? Will you be able to do Rabanastre with us this week? ^_^

Maybe we should pick a day to do it together every week? I'd say Tuesday since it's just after the reset and that's when we did it last week, but I know it's also a common day to do Savage. I'm pretty flexible but I'd rather make it a weeknight.

AvecAloes

Donator
I'm at 65 right now. I would have played yesterday but ended up spamming Rabanastre with my other character and then running the Deltascape fights with some friends to help them get loot. I've got some schoolwork to do today, but I plan to play today anyway after I look over it all. Hopefully I can do Rabanastre with you guys later this week!

Lex

Administrator
I've merged all the XIV threads (there were 3 - "FFXIV", Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward" and "Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood". I'm also closing the FC thread since we just discuss that in here anyway :D

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
iYOXpB3.jpg

That's an animated JPG. I feel dirty using it.

Anyway: There was some talk of clearing out the Company Chest, wasn't there? I started the process by taking all the furniture out, since it can be stored via the Housing menu now. I also stored some stuff that had been sitting in my retainers' inventories, and the painting from the current seasonal event. I took a few things out when I was leveling some crafters but it's still crammed full with materials. What should we do with it? Moreover, what do we want to do with the Chest that we aren't doing now?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd chuck all the cheapo materials out tbf. Maybe put more rare / hard to find stuff in there? It might be an idea to reorganize access permissions so people can see but not take the fancy materials. We could also put collectibles like minions and cards in there. I also wouldn't mind food and such.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I "bought" all the HQ mats from the chest for 500k, which is probably a lot more than they're worth on the marketboard, but I erred on the side of caution. I can put stuff back if anyone objects. Doing that freed up space to move things around so I put all the NQ mats in tabs one and two and other stuff in tab 3.

Update: I organised tabs 1 and 2 by sale price. I know it's not a totally reliable indicator of an item's value but it's something. Everything in tab 1 sells for either 1 or 2 gil but a few of the things in tab 2 go for a bit more. We should probably let people take whatever they want from tab 1 and sell whatever is left over.

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
I haven't been able to play a ton this week because grad school, but I'm up to 68 now, should be unlocking Emanation soon.

Imma need you all to run Menagerie with me when it comes time because eff that fight

Top Bottom