AKA
Tets
Your move, Japan.

10651678.jpg

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney

IT'S OFFICIALLY ON!!!! (Added to OP)

X :neo:

Guys... I think we just got our balls rocked in the hype department.

I lost my shit at "It's "SUPER AMERICAN"". Ironically their reponse video was more american than the american challenge video.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I was wondering about this. Thanks for the update!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh they totally invoked Mechwarrior with the online and "all systems nominal" line <3.

Anyway if this is to be used in a robot battle thing, they'd better hide those power/hydraulics lines.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Saw the recap on youtubes :monster:

Pretty much as expected, terribly annoyingly excited presenters, lots of filler, etc. I was at first intrigued by the apparent lack of script in the first fight (which
was over in ten seconds
), buuut that went out the window at the end of the last one, :monster:

I prefer Robot Wars / Battlebots.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

For being the first attempt at something like this, it was pretty well done as could be expected. They discussed the difficulty on settling on how to deal with weaponry that would be effective, and also not kill each other. I am genuinely curious if they'll move towards autonomous piloting more like Robot Wars / Battlebots in the future, so that they'll be able to be more aggressive with them, since there were some SERIOUSLY awesome and effective weapons that they tested but couldn't use for safety and such.

That being said, it was cool getting to see them experience the rush of being in the pilot seat(s) of their mechs when going against each other – most specifically on the first fight.

Overall, there's a potential here, but if they refined the presentation, cleaned up the weight classes, and did some better setup now that there's a general idea of how it falls out, I think it could be properly cool.

X :neo:

Top Bottom