The Wolverine / Logan

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Hang on... Wolverine doesn't get (physical) scars, does he?

That's the thing behind Old Man Logan. His healing factor is what causes him not to physically age either, so as that mutant ability starts to slow down/wear out, it also begins making him more susceptible to injury & scarring in addition to looking older.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I will not allow Hugh Jackman to quit playing Wolverine until he at least had a crossover with Deadpool :@

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Jackman kinda looks like Joel from The Last of Us in this.

Which is fitting what with the whole having to protect a girl and such =P

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

The domestic trailer (this one) is missing the head stab, but has some X-23 claws at 1:29 instead.

X :neo:

That trailer made me feel that I have to watch this movie in the cinema. This is the first time I feel that I MUST watch an "X-Men" movie in the theatres. *applauds trailer*

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Wait, that shot at the end with Logan and the girl...is he holding a shovel?

Did he dig a grave?

It's Prof. X isn't it? :(

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I've been in class all morning so I didn't get a chance to watch this right away.

But holy fucking shit. I haven't been psyched for any of the X-Men movies in a long time, but I think this will be the best Wolverine film yet. Really need to go borrow the Old Man Logan graphic novel from work now.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Some bits about the movie and timeline and such:

Hugh and I have been talking about what we would do since we were working on the last one, and for both of us it was this requirement that, to be even interested in doing it, we had to free ourselves from some assumptions that had existed in the past, and be able to change the tone a bit.

We are in the future, we have passed the point of the epilogue of Days Of Future Past. We’re finding all these characters in circumstances that are a little more real. The questions of ageing, of loneliness, of where I belong. Am I still useful to the world? I saw it as an opportunity. We’ve seen these characters in action, saving the universe. But what happens when you’re in retirement and that career is over?

In order to make a different Logan, and a different tone of a Wolverine movie, we felt like we couldn’t hold on to every tradition established in all the movies religiously, or we’d be trapped by the decisions made before us

[This represents] to me the kind of aggressive, classical Wolverine action that we want in the movie – more of something that fans have been asking for, for a really long time. We’ve been limited in one way or another from giving it to them, but I think we’ve got the go-ahead to really go for it on this picture

http://collider.com/logan-timeline-explained-james-mangold/

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Saw a some still frames on Instagram from the trailer... evidently there's a theory going around that Daken may be making an appearance in the film?

Top Bottom