The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Shademp
Default Ancient DOS Games

I highly recommend the YouTube channel Pixelmusement and its video series "Ancient DOS Games": Over 300 videos dedicated to this corner of gaming history.

Having mostly played console games as a kid, my memories of DOS games are limited and primarily from my pre-school years. Pixelmusement has given me the exhilaration of finally learning the name of a platformer that I barely remembered: Captain Comic.

YouTube Video

When asking my older brother about the games we had, he confirmed that we used to have a shareware demo of Captain Comic. We also had Commander Keen, which was another wonderful nostalgia shock for me to remember after not having heard about it for 20+ years.

As a Mega Man fan, I naturally recommend Pixelmusement's videos about the Mega Man DOS ports. The first two in particular are worthy of being on an episode of Angry Video Game Nerd (assuming they haven't already been featured there).

- Mega Man
- Mega Man III
- Mega Man X
Shademp is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Doom Bunneh (2 Weeks Ago), SeaDragon (2 Weeks Ago), Shadowfox (2 Weeks Ago), X-SOLDIER (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Mr. Ite

Captain Comic! I had a CD called “Imagination Station” which had Cpt. Comic, Clyde’s Adventure, and a trilogy of mystery/puzzle games called “Hugo’s House of Horrors”
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Doom Bunneh (2 Weeks Ago), SeaDragon (2 Weeks Ago), Shademp (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
JechtShotMK9

The first two Elder Scrolls games have been free to download for a while now.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Files
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Cthulhu (2 Weeks Ago)