The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Active Projects & Events

Active Projects & Events Discussion on current TLS projects

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Lex
Default TLS Livestream: E3 2018

Well hello thar

E3 is upon us once more. In just over a month there'll be 7 conferences to indulge in and Tets has put a lovely graphic together in this thread to time it all where you are (FORCE EDIT: UPDATED):

This year Square Enix have announced that they're having a conference for the first time since E3 2015, where VII Remake was announced. I'd still avoid getting your hopes up for news, but it HAS been two and a half years since the last trailer so fingers crossed

Rules and instructions for joining the voice-over-stream chat

Not to bring it down, but I explain all of this every year and we still get people joining not following these rules. In Discord I have control over individual volume, including the ability to mute. For the sake of people watching our stream, please read these rules and follow them. Do not join the voice chat if you don't plan on adhering to them, because I'll have to mute you.

If you're planning on joining the voice chat, please do the following (or be muted! ):

- Watch the YouTube livestreams (better quality and we're more likely to be in-sync reaction wise). These will likely be provided here and/or in text chats.
- Do not watch the TLS stream. If you're on voice chat, you're watching the YouTube stream, not the TLS stream. If you watch the TLS stream you'll hear your own voice echoing back at you and won't be able to listen to the conference.
- Have the TLS stream text chat open in a popout window so you can respond to viewers.
- Reactions are fine! Totally off topic chat during trailers is not XD
- Wear headphones - this is non-negotiable. Every year at least two people have to be told that their volume is echoing down their mic because they're not using headphones. It's inconsiderate to others on the voice chat and also anyone on stream.
- Minimum background noise. If you're in a house with dogs and kids or unavoidable noise, please use push-to-talk or find a quieter place to sit while you watch the conference.

In summary: Wear headphones, watch the streams on YouTube, be considerate, please be excited <3

It happens every year but someone always manages to do something silly like join the voice chat while also watching the TLS stream. If you're watching the TLS stream on Twitch, do not join the voice chat. If you're joining the voice chat, watch the stream on YouTube (this thread will be updated with links when the time comes).

This year we'll be having a little trailer hypefest before the beginning of each stream, so if people want to suggest trailers to go in a playlist leading up to the conferences feel free to do so here.

This gives us a chance to do sound check etc before the official conference begins. If you're not on the voice chat before the official stream starts, you will be locked out and unable to join until the stream is over. So just keep that in mind - if you want to join the voice chat, please be there at least half an hour before the official stream starts so we can work out any kinks

Thank you and please be excited

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.

Last edited by Lex; 1 Week Ago at 07:07 PM.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 18:
Arala (1 Week Ago), ChipNoir (2 Weeks Ago), Chloe Frazer (2 Weeks Ago), CrashOuch (2 Weeks Ago), Cthulhu (1 Week Ago), Dawnbreaker (1 Week Ago), FancySycamoreTree (2 Weeks Ago), Fangu (2 Weeks Ago), Ghost X (1 Week Ago), Happy Little Lemon (2 Weeks Ago), Russell (1 Week Ago), SeaDragon (2 Weeks Ago), Shademp (2 Weeks Ago), solo player sab (2 Weeks Ago), Teioh (2 Weeks Ago), Tennyo (1 Week Ago), Theozilla (2 Weeks Ago), X-SOLDIER (1 Week Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Channy

I'm gonna have to take an early lunch break for that SE one on monday morning

So, why do you come here?
Same as you, I think. I've been here a lot...
You must have a lot going on your mind, I suppose.
Yeah, but I'd rather have nothing for a change. How do you do it?
Well, it comes with practice. I can think of nothing.
I do not feel the need to occupy my mind with nonsense, just to avoid thinking about what really matters.

Channy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Happy Little Lemon (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
ChipNoir

Channy wrote: I'm gonna have to take an early lunch break for that SE one on monday morning
Early break nothing: I have 6 hours of vacation time, which is basically almost as long as any workday for me ever gets. I'm totally asking for that day off.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Happy Little Lemon (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Tetsujin

I wanted to wait to update the schedule until all times were revealed because I cba to do it multiple times
Still waiting on Sony.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Lex (1 Week Ago), X-SOLDIER (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Mr. Ite

This just HAD to be my wedding week!

SORRY BABE THERE MIGHT BE FF7R NEWS, STALL THEM!!
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Chloe Frazer (1 Week Ago), Happy Little Lemon (1 Week Ago), Lex (1 Week Ago), Minato (1 Week Ago), Shademp (1 Week Ago), Tennyo (1 Week Ago), X-SOLDIER (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Tetsujin

Here ya go:

Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Arala (1 Week Ago), Chloe Frazer (1 Week Ago), CrashOuch (1 Week Ago), ForceStealer (1 Week Ago), Lex (1 Week Ago), SeaDragon (1 Week Ago), Shademp (1 Week Ago), Teioh (1 Week Ago), Tennyo (1 Week Ago), X-SOLDIER (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Lex

Thanks! Updated <3

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
X-SOLDIER

I'll be watching the YouTube stream at home. I'll try being on text chat during said announcements. I'll likely join Voice Chat afterwards since I always fully isolate myself during any sort of first viewings of things, but I love discussing things immediately afterwards.

I'm also working from home that day, so I can help with posting whatever if needed.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Chloe Frazer (1 Week Ago), Lex (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
Avalanche87

Damn this being "over the other side of the world" business!!!

3am on a TUESDAY!!!! WTF!!!!

I think I'm going to have to give it a miss & watch a recording somehow & avoid FB till I've watched it Tuesday night (my time).

My fingers are always crossed!
Avalanche87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Lex (1 Week Ago)