The Avengers, AoU, Infinity War, & Endgame films

Thinking about Hulk for a sec,
and how they've said instead of having his own movie, they broke up his story into 3 movies, Ragnarok, IW, and IW sequel.
I think the reason why Hulk is afraid, rather than just because he got slammed, is because he's actually lived, and had his own life for years. Before, he'd just come out for essentially a rampage, or a fight, then Banner would take over again. He's never had a chance to really know life. Now he has, so he's afraid.

You know how the MCU has been criticized for having poor, uninteresting villains? ...Well with Infinity War they just compensated the heck out of that. :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I watched this and ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. A friend of mine described my feelings perfectly when she described it as "absolute competence without any particular artistry." That's kind of where the MCU has come to with this movie, imo.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I just watched it, woot :monster:

First off, it's better than err, that second one; they've made the pacing a lot better and didn't try to cram every storyline plus an apparently important character in right in (what feels like) the end. Or I just couldn't keep up? Either way. Speaking of which,
Vision is a shit and weaksauce character with no redeeming qualities. Why should we care about him? Because he puts his humongous cyberdick in Olsen? She looks like she could do a lot better than a sex doll, :monster:

It's a weird movie in a way, at least when it comes to the ending; it feels disjointed for the most part because most of the movie is a reasonably light-hearted sci-fi-action-comedy that can't tolerate being serious for more than five seconds before they need to crack a joke somewhere to break the tension. Having a lot of characters "die" before the curtains fall just doesn't match up with that IMO.

Annnd let's not even get into the glaring power tier plotholes left and right. Or the shitty trope of "nuuu I'll gibe u the stone just let this dude live", although that was Strange who already Knows everything. Which is a whole 'nother plot hole in of itself (I mean he already fucked up the timeline in his own movie by not allowing the universe to be consumed or whatever, why not just do it again subtly and idk, destroy the time stone anyway? Kill Thanos' parents before he's born? There's about a bajillion possibilities, and that's why time travel / manipulation in fiction is pretty much always a bad idea.

And don't even get me started on that silly battle. Spears and shit, really. When you claim to be the most technologically advanced people in the world, and while Stark and co has literally nanomachines, and there's gods around, and space, and shit? I mean use some lazors on those dropships or whatever. There was an army of full auto iron men a few movies back, why's there not a factory spewing those out by the billions yet? I mean screw moral choices of e.g. using nukes or space tech superweapons or sentient AIs (you lot already crossed that bridge) or have Tyrion make a couple more god weapons (and that storyline implies that the forge had been running for a while before Thanos did his thing, where'd all those weapons go? Plus it looks easy enough to use it, fix that shitty iris, churn out weapons, ????, profit), there's an invading force that will kill half the universe and shit. And you're using spears and some shitty variation of "For the Horde!" and some Spartan grunts to stop it? Fuck off pls.

TL;DR suspension of disbelief? What's that? :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
HoYp1cA.gif

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
say what you will about it, but thor: ragnorok has been my go to comfort movie when I'm coming off a night of partying.

I know it's not the greatest, but it makes me feel good... and I've watched What we do in the Shadows way too many times that it's not the same anymore :sadpanda:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
It annoys me to no end that Thor: Ragnarok still isn't available on Swedish Netflix. I really, really want to see it!

Can't you buy it on DVD or Bluray? Don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It's not bad. Funny, but much much more cartoonish than the rest of the MCU. Nothing of note really happens in regards to Thanos, or IW or anything

Except for the mid credit scene and
since set pictures show the present Avengers at the Battle of New York we know that time travel will be involved which means the time vortexes in the quantum realm that Janet mentions will probably play a part.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Apparently along Captain Marvel, Avengers 4 is gonna get its trailer on Friday to kick off all the trailer madness this weekend, so ALL THE HYPE!!!

(That is just a random dude's Twitter, but he's apparently got a decent history of knowing when a lot of those trailers drop, so it's been hitting news sites and such, so I figured I'd just cut out the middle man and drop a direct link to it).

X :neo:

Top Bottom