Pro Adventurer
Locke is coming in June as expected, followed by Agrias:
eyXEXdO.jpg

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Yup!

It's one of the better cell-phone games. Doing story missions doesn't consume any stamina-type resource. There's another area that gets you various rewards that does consume stamina, but since the two areas are separate, there's never a feeling that you've run out of things to do.

The multiplayer aspect of it works pretty well too. You're only limited to host five games per day, but you can join in as a guest an infinite amount of times. Doing multiplayer gets you various rewards you can't get from story mode, so there's good incentive to do it once you get to Lvl 50 on one character.

The gacha system is pretty manageable. The resource you need to do it is plentiful enough that you will be able to make use of it on a regular enough basis to get the high tier weapons from it. The gear you get from it is the best in the game, but one you get it on enough characters, it can carry you though the rest of the game. The gear that's most likely to drop from it changes every week, so you'll want to save up the resource for it until the character you want gear for pops up and then spend it on that gatcha until you get however many copies of their weapon(s) you want. You'll more then likely get weapons for other characters while doing so.

So yeah, paying money will obviously get you stuff faster, but it's not like you have to pay money to feel like you're getting anywhere either. Which for a FTP cell-phone game is great.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I wish the English updates for the chapters of the story would go faster. Last I checked chapter 6 was updated five months ago and Japan's already got the second arc of the game up and running, same with Mobius Final Fantasy.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
First impressions (new iPhone 8):

Downloading 0/1 — Connecting — Downloading 0/749 — Connecting —Downloading 0/40 — Intro slide show —Downloading 0/1 — Connecting — Vivi!! — 15 notification screens — In-game tutorial — Connecting — Downloading 0/1 — Network maintenance, try again later — Download the latest version.

The tutorials were fun!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm on Ch 2 now. Rem and Zidane shared some banter and Zidane was written so in-character - that charming cad! The character's aren't from any specific point in their story - they're kind of outside their own dimension in more ways than one, which I found initially frustrating but now think is kinda cool. I don't have to worry about what the characters know or don't know about their own stories. They both know and are ignorant. As far as the actual plot: total paste so far, but the whole concept of the Dissidia crossover feels fanfic-y imo and OO hasn't been cringey, just flat.

I got Kain through an event, and my party in the cutscenes were all FFIV characters... without my having acquired them yet lol

The gameplay has a modicum of strategy for boss fights and I like that some missions incentivize bringing a random character, I can imagine those fights will pose an incrementally greater challenge as I level my main party up and leave backbenchers behind.

:desucait:.... Perhaps I should self-impose some sort of X-Com style "injury system" whereby if a character takes actual HP damage in a fight, they are "injured" and go to the bench for for a few fights while they "heal" and I level Y'shtola.

Top Bottom