Japanese text on the forum gets messy

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Japanese text gets all weird with huge spaces and missing symbols.

Example:
ヴィンセントさん、お久しぶりです!
私、ハイウインドのクルーだったんですよ
ハイウインドもいい船でしたが、
このシエラ号もたいしたもんです
なんですも《今は失われた技術》
っていうので動いてるらしいですけど……
でも、一生懸命動かしますので、
安心してでください!

If you mark and copy the text into anywhere outside of TLS, you will see that it's actually coherent text without any big spaces.

If you're not seeing the problem I'm seeing, here is a screenshot.
jS7o8qI.png

So, what's the cause and who can fix this? :geek:

EDIT: I noticed that the text is correct in the Firefox browser, but not in my Chrome browser.

Fangu

Great Old One
It looks perfectly normal to me. Tried a different browser yet?

(This isn't server related. Parsing of character encoding is done by the browser.)

Apparenly the problem has been brought up recently on this Chrome website

Version: Chrome 37.0.206294.m
Other browsers tested: IE (OK)

We have multiple reports from Enterprise users that Japanese characters are not displayed (see test1.jpg) since they updated Chrome to M37 this morning. So far the issue has been observed in Gmail, Sites and some non-Google websites (ex. Yahoo). Clearing cache and Cookies / re-installing Chrome / disabling all extensions do not solve issue.

We are still checking if the issue persists across multiple OS versions, and across other multi-byte characters (ex. Chinese, Korean etc)

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Update to Chrome 37.0.206294.m
2. Open Gmail or Google Sites

But yes it does appear to be a browser problem, not anything related to TLS.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm on Firefox and it looks fine to me too.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it looks like it was using a chinese font rather than the japanese one, since it has a slightly different look and it's missing all the non-chinese characters

but i don't know what i am talking about

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'm also using Chrome and it's perfectly legible to me as well. Well, as legible as Japanese gets.

Top Bottom