Skype icons in postbit

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Have been disabled... for now? Idk. I got an email from Skype the other day saying they were going to disable that service, so now you got an ugly placeholder there. I just commented it out. There should be a new one out there, but, I cba trying to figure out how to build it into vB 3. Here's the email:

Update your old Skype buttons now
Hello

We'll soon be making some important changes to our old Skype buttons. These buttons allow customers to embed icons or buttons on their website that show their Skype presence status (for example, I'm online), by using an API.

After 15 May, 2015 all legacy Skype buttons that show your presence will no longer work. You can replace these old buttons with the new Call and Chat buttons.

What this means
If you are currently using any button apart from the Call or Chat ones, please update your button before 15 May, 2015. After this date these buttons will not show your online presence like I'm online or I'm offline.
Why are we making this change?
We've not supported the presence Skype buttons for over two years and over time, their accuracy has deteriorated. For example, someone's status is not always reflected accurately – especially when they are on a mobile device. We have updated the Call and Chat buttons to allow customers or colleagues to continue reach you at the click of a button.

For more information see our FAQ about Skype buttons.
Top Bottom