• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

R32: Don't be Afraid vs. Cosmo Canyon

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I forgot to put the games that these two songs are from in the poll options, but you can probably figure it out. :P

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the round of 16. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Poll is open for two days - Yeah I'll need it. I've played Cosmo Canyon to death at this rate, but it's association with Nanaki means something (as Nanaki represents something important to me). Don't be Afraid was something I never had a spot for until recently and, listening to them both now, I just wanna listen to it a lot more than Cosmo Canyon.
Having just voted for the Great Warrior in another poll, I almost feel like not voting for Cosmo Canyon, but that reason isn't cutting it.

Urgh, enough personal commentary, I'll be back to edit later :P

ForceStealer

Double Growth
These keep getting rougher. Possibly the second-best normal battle theme in the series vs the best town theme in the series.

...Yeah...it's gotta be Cosmo Canyon. I just adore the feel of it, and the combination of instruments. You've the expected: the heavy drums, that MIDI-flute clearly emulating a Native American sound; and the unexpected: that bass line, and those great quick electric guitar accents. As well as the plucked chords on an acoustic.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
This one's rough. I'm gonna have to go with Don't Be Afraid. I just like listening to it more.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Cosmo Canyon. One of my favorites from VII, if not the favorite. I always considered VIII to have the superior soundtrack, and this is a great battle theme, but Cosmo Canyon is so great and distinctive.

Ghost X

I went for Cosmo Canyon. Don't Be Afraid is a decent battle music thing, but I think that says more about battle music in general than anything else :P.

AvecAloes

Donator
Apparently I'm just voting for all of the losing songs in these final rounds. Let me just pour my votes down the drain.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
This is hard... but Cosmo Canyon is better. It didn't go the typical "green earth movement gets non-electronic music" route.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
*sigh*

I was able to choose The Great Warrior easily over Vamo Alla Flamenco...and having given my vote to Great Warrior...it was easier to vote for Don't Be Afraid here. It is one of the best battle themes. <3

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Voted for Cosmo Canyon because I love it, and I didn't vote for Great Warrior because this one is better imo. However looks like they'll both go through, which feels pointless to me because they're so similar....

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It's funny, when we made the second-round draw, I remarked on how I found Great Warrior to be a better version of Cosmo Canyon, and a couple of people in the IRC channel said "no, they're different". Now they're similar again... which is it? :P

I feel somewhat underwhelmed by this matchup. I like both pieces but wouldn't put either in my personal top 32. Probably not my top 64 either. I'm tempted to abstain but I just about prefer Cosmo Canyon, so I'll go with that. Also, it was the background music on my first Geocities website, back when background music on websites was considered acceptable. :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Oh, sugar! I'm a few minutes late :P
Haha, oh well. My vote would have went to Cosmo Canyon - but it didn't need it in the end, so that's cool

Top Bottom