• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF song ranking video multivote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Sorry for the crappy thread title. I like to keep them short so they don't get truncated in the cybstats plugin.

I'm going to put together a video containing our top 30 Final Fantasy songs. In case you've forgotten, here they are in order:

1. Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (VII)
  2. Not Alone (IX)
  3. J-E-N-O-V-A (VII)
  4. Liberi Fatali (VIII)
  5. Zanarkand (X)
  6. Dancing Mad (VI)
  7. Fight On! (VII)
  8. One-Winged Angel (VII)
  9. Roses of May (IX)
  10. Cosmo Canyon (VII)
  11. Melodies of Life ~ Final Fantasy (IX)
  12. Aerith's Theme (VII)
  13. Terra (IX)
  14. Battle at the Big Bridge (V)
  15. The Great Warrior (VII)
  16. The Darkness of Eternity (IX)
  17. Birth of a God (VII)
  18. Vamo Alla Flamenco (IX)
  19. Prelude (multiple games)
  20. Words Drowned by Fireworks (VII)
  21. The Man with the Machine Gun (VIII)
  22. A Fleeting Dream (X)
  23. Don't Be Afraid (VIII)
  24. Blinded by Light (XIII)
  25. Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV (IV)
  26. Jenova Complete (VII)
  27. Terra's Theme (VI)
  28. Battle with an Esper (XII)
  29. Anxiety (VII)
  30. The Decisive Battle (VI)
Many of these songs have multiple versions. We didn't distinguish between them in the music ranking event, so I'm not sure which ones to put in my video. Help me decide by choosing your favourites!

I'm not adding a poll to this thread because there are so many different versions of these songs that I'm bound to miss a couple. Just make a post expressing your preferences.

You can listen to the songs below. Note that I'm only including versions of songs which have been included in remakes/remasters of the games they originally appeared in - so the GBA version of Final Fantasy V's Battle at the Big Bridge is in, while the Final Fantasy XII version is out. Prelude is an exception since we didn't specify which game it was from in the event. Other covers and remixes, like those done by The Black Mages, are also ineligible.

Zanarkand (X)

PS2

PS3

Dancing Mad (VI)

N.B. To keep the video balanced, I'll only be including the final part of the song.

SNES; starting at 11:33

GBA; starting at 11:49

Battle at the Big Bridge (V)

SNES

GBA

Prelude (series)

Far too many versions to list: see here.

A Fleeting Dream (X)

PS2

PS3

Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV (IV)

SNES

GBA

DS

Terra's Theme (VI)

SNES

GBA

The Decisive Battle (VI)

SNES

GBA

It seems SE released a remastered Final Fantasy VI soundtrack a while back, but I can't find anywhere to listen to it. Aside from that, let me know if I missed anything.

P.S. If anyone complains about the lack of MIDI versions, they'll be shot.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
My own votes are for the SNES versions ahead of the GBA versions in all cases, the remasters of Zanarkand and A Fleeting Dream, and the SNES of Final Fantasy IV's Main Theme - I find the DS version a bit too bass-heavy. I'll have to think about the Prelude.

Pixel

The Pixie King
You'll most likely have to fight a copyright claim on the prelude. Some twat did a remix of it, and since it has a repetative note progression, it gets flagged imediately. Should be easy enough to contest though.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Duly noted.

I'm closing this thread because (a) nobody has voted, and (b) I've decided to be a bit more ambitious and make a video for the whole top 100. I've started working on it but video editing is pretty new to me, so it will take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom