Banora Village was built to hide Emerald Weapon

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Well Hojo is surprisingly slow on the uptake for a scientist. He's been proven wrong before.

I mean this is still pretty dumb but it could be worse I guess?

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Pretty interesting concept, and Hojo may have just been focused on other projects that the WEAPON, but the one plot hole this really has is the location. Maybe once Remake comes out they'll add a much more detailed World Map, because as of OG Mideel area is right near the Northern Creator, but it's a tropical area which is odd. Going from the missions in FF7CC, if you actually read the debriefings it does explain at least the one set where you eventually fight Minerva that Zack was exploring a Cave system found under The Northern Creator that was just discovered. Then where you fight Minerva is in the Banora Cave w/ Emerald WEAPON in the background.

Lex

Administrator
Might be a good idea to include scans from the BradyGames guide in that article btw. I'm sure I provided some a while back in the thread we had on the matter.

Superespresso

The big lad
I ripped the level of Crisis Core where you can see emerald weapon, just to get a better look at it. They didn't model the whole body so it's a bit of a bust, but I was able to delete the assets surrounding it for a better view. Warning: Lazy modeling.

tumblr_ojywz0tzWR1r6h243o3_540.png

So this is about your perspective in the game if I remember it right. Been a long time so it's probably further back. I deleted the sky-dome since it was very dark, and the lighting was engine-only, so here's a flat shade look at it a little more close-up.

tumblr_ojywz0tzWR1r6h243o1_1280.png

tumblr_ojywz0tzWR1r6h243o2_1280.png

As I said, some pretty lazy modeling but it's the best in the game.

Edit:
I have every single model in the game if anyone needs anything specific. Can't promise I'll re-uv it for you, but if you know what you want I'd be happy to rip an OBJ/FBX or take pictures.

Last edited:

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I personally find all of this very interesting. I am not upset by this revelation in any way. To each their own, I guess.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Pretty sure it's been referred to Emerald Weapon after wards, because that's really stupid.

What is it then? Emerald Mustache Weapon?
It's an unnamed weapon I guess lol. I think only the fans assumed it was Emerald since they look similar, and the scan doesn't call it by a name either.

Top Bottom