• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Do you think in pre-production that Sephiroth was originally going to be a Cetra?

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I know at one time Aerith and Sephiroth were going to be siblings, so does that mean that he was originally going to be an actual Cetra instead of deluding himself into being one at first until he fused with Jenova in the Lifestream.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I wouldn't be surprised if that would've happened until they changed their minds. The thing is with developing games, they come up with random ideas for characters, the story, ect.

I remember reading up that Cloud was originally going to have black hair, but they changed him to having blonde spiky hair and created Zack instead.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
It probably would have been an interesting idea to see Sephiroth as an actual Cetra, and it would have given him more foil to Aerith as well. I think the idea of him being a Cetra would have been around the time the jenova gene concept was still around, and he was driven crazy from being exposed to mako.

Top Bottom