What do you imagine Cloud's favorite music genre?

Eric91

Banned
I imagine Techno/pop. Because i don't want to think of him as emo, liars everywhere.

I imagine him browsing the internet for some playlist music. Here is the suggestions

Cascada
Dune
Haddaway
U2

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I more see him as a classic rock type. Rolling stones and Red Hot Chlli Peppers. I can totally see him as a kid having his first mako-battery powered casette tape and listening to the rock-club singers from the seedier parts of Midgar, and the tape player is his most precious item he takes from home. He listens to it when he feels down about how under-developed he is during bootcamp.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
"Music? The only music I care about is finding Sephiroth before he gets to the Promised Land."

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I feel most of the time, people project their own preferences on the characters. Music tends to be very personal and people's experiences are too tinted so... it's usually kind of a pointless discussion, I feel.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
It's weird though, Cloud grew up in Nibelheim. They don't even have a fucking record shop. I bet he only heard like his mums singing or Tifa's piano, or maybe there was a local Folk band. Then when he was a recruit he probably got listening to whatever the other guys were into, which I imagine was probably some rock and some rap or something. But then he spent however long it was in SOME KINDA TOOB and then in a catatonic state, probably didn't take much music in then.

tldr I don't think Cloud has had much time to develop any real music taste

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Traditional Wutain opera music, obviously.

^In all earnestness, I think that analysis makes a lot of sense. New head canon!: Cloud doesn't listen to much music, but when he does, you can bet your ass it's coming out of a banjo. Picture him humming along to,
:P

That would actually be rather fitting considering the kind of life he's lead. :c

EDIT:

IF YOU FOLLOW THE YOUTUBE LINK TO ACTUAL YOUTUBE, THE PERSON WHO UPLOADED THIS VIDEO HAS A PICTURE OF CLOUD AS THEIR AVATAR.

COINCIDENCE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Absolutely. But it's a fun one.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
It's weird though, Cloud grew up in Nibelheim. They don't even have a fucking record shop. I bet he only heard like his mums singing or Tifa's piano, or maybe there was a local Folk band. Then when he was a recruit he probably got listening to whatever the other guys were into, which I imagine was probably some rock and some rap or something. But then he spent however long it was in SOME KINDA TOOB and then in a catatonic state, probably didn't take much music in then.

tldr I don't think Cloud has had much time to develop any real music taste

I imagine they at least have radios.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well, Advent Children had a lot of hard rock in the soundtrack. I just kind of assumed that maybe that's the kind of stuff Cloud listens to.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Cloud was really into prog-classical in the late 90s. He had a weird Gackt phase in the 'aughts, but that's mostly done.

Top Bottom