Man of Steel / Justice League / DC films

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Aw crap. Suspected this might happen, I wasn't sure Joss was humble enough to work on someone else's vision(although it could be the studio's call I suppose)

Honestly, this is a very bad sign for me, his self aware smug style doesn't really fit this league, and competing visions were a big problem with Suicide Squad.

And Whedon's in a win:win situation, because the public will just blame Snyder for anything that goes wrong, while he'll get the credit for everything that goes right.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
DFWg_ZvUwAEnlgg.jpg

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
"They said you'd come, now lets hope you're not too late." Is Alfred talking to Joss Whedon? :awesome:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
So with Joss Whedon directing reshoots and post-production, there're a few visual changes in the color palette:
JUSTICE LEAGUE - Official Trailer 1 (25 mar. 2017)
aiT8cSB.png

Justice League - Comic-Con Sneak Peek (22 jul. 2017)
YKxVnDI.png
There're likely more but this was the first one that stood out to me

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
'Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules

The article is not as negative as the title might lead you to believe.

Some key points:

"$25 million on extensive reshoots that have dragged on for roughly two months in London and Los Angeles"

"but his growing role in the world of wizarding series has made it difficult for him to suit up as the Flash on the same days that other co-stars are available."

"Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production. Paramount, which is distributing the “Mission: Impossible” sequel, would not allow Cavill to shave the facial hair while production was taking place."

"Joss Whedon has now spent months overseeing the project, but he will not recieve a co-directing credit, according to an insider."

"He may get a producing credit or a screenplay credit."

"Sources say “Justice League” reshoots have been used to punch up the dialogue."

"The set pieces Snyder shot are said to be usable, but Whedon has been working on “connective tissue” that was needed to link sequences."

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Still can't wait for this film. Definitely looking forward to it more than Thor: Ragnarok. Idk. Despite the flashy posters for the film, something tells me that it's not going to outshine the other Thor films, but that's neither here nor there.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I was really looking forward to it, getting nervous since the director swap. I'll still go see it and hope it does well, but I'm less optimistic than I was. A lot of potential for clashing styles.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Snyder left after the production had already entered post. I understand there were some reshoots, particularly with Cyborg, but I doubt the movie as Snyder shot it has changed that much. But we'll see.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
It depends on what attitude he goes in with.

'This is my chance to fix this movie'

v

'This isn't my movie, I'm just the caretaker'

I can see attitude A causing problems, and i'm not sure if Joss can resist the temptation to make his mark. It's a golden opportunity to not be blamed for anything.

Assuming he was behind the change in composer (which may or may not be the case), that doesn't strike me as someone fundamentally not altering the work of his predecessor. But I could still be wrong. We'll see.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Don't blame them, they didn't get as much enthusiasm / critical mass as Marvel, which they were (obviously) trying to emulate.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The issue was ALWAYS that they wanted to instantly have their Expanded Universe without ever earning it. Marvel built the MCU on the backs of multiple successful, and well-integrated films. Strong standalone films that they CAN integrate should always have been DC's tactic, but they tried to jump the gun because Marvel was already so far ahead. Hopefully this means that we get good, well-constructed films about the characters we want to see, and that everything ends up being better off for it.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd say Marvel warmed the audience up to superhero films, which DC figured they could hitch a ride on top of; I mean I didn't know the parties behind specific sooperheroes until recently, and I'm sure worldwide there's a lot that don't either. Never read the comics. At best I knew X-Men, Spoderman and Batman from TV cartoons and those 90's movies.

Top Bottom