New Ghostbusters film

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I actually thought this movie was pretty great. I admit I was worried but in the end it was pretty hilarious and enjoyable.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I just watched the movie last night, and I thought it was enjoyable.

The main cast had great chemistry with one another, and I felt that their interactions flowed well. I thought there were some pacing issues here and there (parts of it dragged a bit, while some others seemed to come about too suddenly). I do think that some scenes and gags could have gone better perhaps with some reactions shots, and that a couple of the running jokes could have been pared down a little to preserve the overall pace of their scenes. The final confrontation was pretty cool.

I really liked that it had a different feel from the original GB and wasn't just a retread with flashier special effects. It was a treat to see most of the cast of the original GB in their cameos.

Overall, yeah, I though it was a nice movie. It obviously sets up for a franchise, so I'd go watch the sequel.

Whether your think the movies good or not (I haven't seen it), I think this is interesting. Primarily about how the misogynist angle was cultivated by Sony and how in reality, was actually not a big factor at all.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Hey guys. Sorry I've been gone so long. Anyway, I saw this movie last night and it was pretty good.

What was good about it?

Plenty of things. The acting was good, the characters were well-written, I liked all the little cameos by the original actors, as well as the references to the original movie, but most importantly, like any good comedy, it kept me laughing throughout the movie. The pacing could've used some work, but it did a good job of keeping the feel of the original(i.e. being a wacky, fun comedy focused on a team of ghost hunters in New York City) while being distinct enough to stand up on its own merits. Overall, I'd probably give it like an 8/10.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I remember Edge of Tomorrow got a new title for home video as well. Different studio though I think.
It happens :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm really glad that this happened, so that there's an easy way to talk about "Ghostbusters" vs. "Answer The Call" because it's super obnoxious when they just use the same name as an existing part of the franchise with no differentiation.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I kinda feel like the article is needlessly splitting hairs there. It's now being officially and openly titled as, "Ghostbusters: Answer The Call" on its marketing and promo materials, which is absolutely wasn't doing for the release of the film. While it may have technically been present within the credits of the film itself, it wasn't really used openly like it is now.

X :neo:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'd rather have a continuation of the reboot universe :( I don't really like the original film's characters or writing.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I loved the original GB movies and watched all the cartoons religiously throughout my childhood. Having said that, though, I would also have liked the reboot universe to continue. I enjoyed that movie, liked the characters. I'd've liked to see more ghostly adventures with them.

Top Bottom