The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
:joy:

So I hit a major FFXIV milestone today. I have all the Lvl 50 Relic weapons and finished the Atma step on all of them. No more FATE grinding for a long time! I also have the Black Mage Zeta weapon and just finished the Trials of the Braves for the White Mage weapon.

AvecAloes

Donator
Good lord! I don't think I got very far with any of the Relic weapons, not even for my mains >.> I did WAY more for my Anima weapons (for WHM and AST), but still didn't complete either of those. Got furthest with my WHM weapon, but stopped at that sand stage.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I can low level tank heal and do everything DPS.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Good lord! I don't think I got very far with any of the Relic weapons, not even for my mains >.> I did WAY more for my Anima weapons (for WHM and AST), but still didn't complete either of those. Got furthest with my WHM weapon, but stopped at that sand stage.
I realize it's no longer relevant, but you should think about continuing. They nerfed the umbrite step (what you're on) to make the poetics cost lower while doubling the sand you get per turn-in.

After that, it's light farming and then you're in the home stretch! You're very close to finishing it :)

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Yeah, the worst step in the Anima grind now is the light-farming step... which is like, the last big grind before the weapon is done. After that it's just doing all the primals on Hard.

Also... most of the weapons I've yet to do are for classes that haven't hit level cap yet. So getting the poetics needed for the weapons gives me Exp. I'm more doing zodiac weapons because I hate level grinding for the sake of level grinding and at least this way I get some impressive glamours out of it... It also gives me a lot of practice at playing classes I don't usually play in content that's not PotD or PvP...

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
4.06 Patch Notes out!

Quick and Dirty Version

Dragoon: Potency increases across the board (so long as you can hit your positionals). Heavy Thrust potency is increased from 100 to 140. Fang and Claw and Wheeling Thrust potencies are increased from 200 to 250. Chaos Thrust combo potency is increased from 220 to 230 but it's potency if hit from the rear out of combo was decreased from 150 to 140.

Ninja: Aeolian Edge combo potency is increased from 260 to 280 but it's potency if hit from the rear out of combo was decreased from 180 to 160.

TLDR: Fang and Claw, Wheeling Thrust, Chaos Thrust and Aeolian Edge do the same amount if hit from the rear in a combo chain as they currently do. You're just not punished as bad if you don't hit the positional so long as they're part of a combo chain. Doing them out of a combo chain with a correct positional gives less damage then it used to... which most people who know how the game works don't do anyway... So this is really just for the times you can't hit the positional...

Bard: Straight Shot's effect length was increased from 20 sec to 30 sec. Barage's CD was decreased from 90 sec to 80 sec. Mage's Ballad, Army's Paeon, and The Wanderer's Minuet were all given the Aetherflow treatment; the song effect will always happen even if the initial attack deals no damage.

Machinist: Hot Shot's effect length was increased from 30 sec to 60 sec. Dismantle's CD was decreased from 90 sec to 60 sec. Flamethrower increases the Heat Gauge twice as fast as it used to. The damage increase from an overheated Gauss Barrel was increased from 10% to 20%. It'll be interesting to see if the 20% damage increase manages to make up for the 10 sec Gauss Barrel lockout on overheat...

Summoner: Bio III and Miasma III DOT potency has been increased from 40 to 50. Functionally speaking, Bio and Miasma III get 10 ticks per cast, so it's really a potency increase from 400 to 500. It just takes 30 sec to get it all off.

Um... yey? I've just literally never seen anyone complain about Bio III and Miasma III needing a potency increase. For comparison's sake, Bio III now does more potency then Deathflare does (500 vs 440). Actually, if it's cast in DWT it now does 10 potency more damage then Ahk Morn (550 vs. 540). And Bio III and Miasma III were already 20% of Summoner's overall damage... now they're even more... so much for Summoner being a burst class...

Other Stuff

Ixion's horn drops were tripled. So it now takes two Gold FATEs to get the mount or three silver FATEs.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
4.06 Patch Notes out!

Quick and Dirty Version

Dragoon: Potency increases across the board (so long as you can hit your positionals). Heavy Thrust potency is increased from 100 to 140. Fang and Claw and Wheeling Thrust potencies are increased from 200 to 250. Chaos Thrust combo potency is increased from 220 to 230 but it's potency if hit from the rear out of combo was decreased from 150 to 140.

Ninja: Aeolian Edge combo potency is increased from 260 to 280 but it's potency if hit from the rear out of combo was decreased from 180 to 160.

TLDR: Fang and Claw, Wheeling Thrust, Chaos Thrust and Aeolian Edge do the same amount if hit from the rear in a combo chain as they currently do. You're just not punished as bad if you don't hit the positional so long as they're part of a combo chain. Doing them out of a combo chain with a correct positional gives less damage then it used to... which most people who know how the game works don't do anyway... So this is really just for the times you can't hit the positional...
The two sentences in bold kinda contradict each other, don't you think? :P The second one is correct – if a NIN or DRG is doing their optimal rotation with correct positionals then these changes don't make any difference at all.

Lex

Administrator
^That's only when not hitting the positional.

I mean overall there's a potency buff of +10 in Chaos Thrust and that's it, but these buffs will be really helpful in the likes of O2S where True North is on Cooldown because there are many many times when you just can't hit positionals in there (and other savage fights).

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Just occurred to me that Limsa is now officially the best starting town as it is the only starter town to support a tank, ranged dps, melee dps and now since you dont need two,classes to,get your job healer too.

As if there was ever a doubt.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Just occurred to me that Limsa is now officially the best starting town as it is the only starter town to support a tank, ranged dps, melee dps and now since you dont need two,classes to,get your job healer too.

As if there was ever a doubt.
Psh...everybody knows Dragoons are the best at tanking....THE FLOOR!

#GridaniaForLyfe

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Dragoons. We played dead before it was cool.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Hokay, so if no one has been in the Discord chat lately, then I'll state it here: I just started playing XIV on the trial thing they still got going. Finally downloaded the patch without getting any errors.

Haven't done much yet; still running around my city doing stupid fetch quests and stuff. The only problem I foresee is getting used to this menu/interface. I've never played an MMO before, so this is all brand new to me.

So far, the best thing that has happened to me is when I finished up a quest in the adventurer's guild and I rotate the camera and--

*Discord chat*
Me: What the--who are these people dancing on the table?
Flare: That's us!
Me: Who?!
Flare: That's me, Flint, and Kimble!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think a part of me just died from happiness and laughter. TLS folks dancing on a table behind me, waiting for the n00b to finish her quest and show off with their fancy trickses and showwy skillz.

I've got a long way to go. Can't promise I'll stick around for long periods of time; I'm still balls deep in Zodiac Age and have another game on the docket right behind that one. But it has certainly been interesting so far.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'll admit, waiting for Lith like that gave me a lovely flashback to when I first started and Flint and Carlie were waiting for me in a very similar manner (and waiting in the wrong room initially! :D) It felt really fun to do it for you Lith. <3 ^_^

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Everyone is starting XIV

This is good

One of us, one of us

You need to play more on our server. :watchingu:

I remember Flint and I had a conversation while we were waiting for Flare along the lines of "Imagine after waiting all this time she appears somewhere else, haha that would be hilarious". It was hilarious.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Great moments in raiding with the wife. Thok Ast Thok Hard. only my wife and 2 DPS alive. I go "HEAL LB!" She gets confused. I point to the limit break icon. She goes "I thought you meant heal some dude named LB".

XD

Edit: So I get into work tonight and I see this in my vending machine. I didn't have my phone on me so here is a stock photo.

DTuna2B.jpg

What a weird ad campaign...

Last edited:
Top Bottom