• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Wars: Episode 7, 8... and BEYOND!

Always nice to be reminded that there are people in the world who have reached adulthood and never learned the truth about Darth Vader.

This reaction to the end of Rogue One almost made me tear up.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Wow, Snoke bruh, a facelift would do you some good. O_o

Also,
Rey is noticeably wearing black. The dahkness!!!!

8H1PgIN.png

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Interesting theory from a user on /r/StarWars about why we might not learn about Supreme Leader Snoke origins at all.

Transcript below:

imaginashawn96 said:
We've all seen our fair share of Snoke Theories: Snoke is Darth Plagueis, Snoke is Ezra Bridger, Snoke is Dark Helmet's third cousin twice removed, etc. And a lot of Star Wars fans are eagerly awaiting each new entry of the Sequel Trilogy, desperate to see if their theories will be confirmed in blaze of glory, or crash harder than a Star Destroyer in a Jakku desert.
In this regard, I think fans will be disappointed in the Sequel Trilogy. I don't think we will learn a lot, if anything, about Snoke's origins in The Last Jedi or Episode IX.
This line of thinking was inspired by comments Rian Johnson made to Entertainment Weekly:
“Similar to Rey’s parentage, Snoke is here to serve a function in the story. And a story is not a Wikipedia page,” the filmmaker says. “For example, in the original trilogy, we didn’t know anything about the Emperor except what Luke knew about him, that he’s the evil guy behind Vader. Then in the prequels, you knew everything about Palpatine because his rise to power was the story.”
In The Last Jedi, Johnson says, “we’ll learn exactly as much about Snoke as we need to.”
Snoke's origins have no relevance to the immediate plot of the sequels. As such, we will not learn about them in the movies. Screenwriting 101: don't bog down your script with unnecessary information.

We have to remember, these movies aren't being made exclusively for obsessive Star Wars fans. They're being made for the widest possible audience. All the casual moviegoer needs to know is that Snoke's the badguy.

Now, that's not to say we'll never learn who he is and where he comes from. But there's no place for that in the movie because, again, it has no effect on the plot. It's something that only us hardcore, lore-obsessed fans care about. If I had to guess, we'll learn about Snoke's background in some comic or novel that will be published after Episode IX (or, maybe, before its release as part of a "Journey to Episode IX" kinda deal).

I think this could very well disappoint and frustrate some fans, but I think it makes sense, and it would probably be a wise decision from the powers-at-be at Lucasfilm.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
@Lulcielid:

I think that the Snoke stuff really comes to the fact that in the TFA novelization, he explicitly stated that he saw the rise and fall of the Empire, and the Prequels established that there were only the two Sith. Contextually in the new Trilogy, we have a story-specific reason to want to know where he came from and what his motivations are in gathering the First Order together, taking interest in Ben and making him into Kylo Ren, and launching an attack on the New Republic.

Essentially, it's a question that exists BECAUSE of what we know of the previous story, and just manifesting a big bad out of nowhere is sloppy storytelling given the history that we do have. Whether or not that's fundamentally relevant to the middle story of Episode VIII that Rian Johnson's telling is something else entirely.

Also

Part 6: http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/10/the-last-jedi-new-details-on-benicio-del-toros-devious-character/

Teaser: FRIDAY: Rian Johnson on why Rey’s family history matters so much.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Thanks for the advise Rian but I will watch and read everything that's released until the screening day :monster:. I'm not spoilerphobic like most people seen to be these days.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I figure that, with the fact that they don't need to maintain and police the Galaxy like the Empire did, they can condense their military power into bigger single things. Additionally, because they also lack the direct financial and industrial support of the core worlds due to operating out of the Unknown Regions, it makes sense for them to have a Mega-class Star Destroyer as a mobile ship factory, repair facility, and base of operations. Starkiller Base was a forward assault structure, but this serves more like a combination of the command functions of the Death Star and Coruscant for them, with it's mobility making them difficult to mount an assault against compared to a planetary base of some kind.

(For reference, the Death Star was a battle station 160km across)

X :neo:

Top Bottom