General Anime Thread

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Recently watched the final episode of Little Witch Academia. Pretty satisfied! And just in time for me to meet Studio Trigger when they come to Anime Midwest in a couple weeks.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Today NETFLIX released the first half of Little Witch academia, which is the perfect time to post this video about why services like Netflix(and Amazon) are (potentially) killing anime:

Yvnie

Banned
2015-2017 movies about political identity issues, Ghostbusters remake, Annie 2014. Whats next? Final Fantasy Advent Children getting its own spin. Just saying "Shrugs" This is what happens when you are not faithful to the original works though.... so sad. They cant make their own so they have to leech of something successful.

Though i didnt know Will Smith was in that movie Annie from 2014, i like that actor atleast. Still i just dislike when movies or creations arent how it originally was.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Today NETFLIX released the first half of Little Witch academia, which is the perfect time to post this video about why services like Netflix(and Amazon) are (potentially) killing anime:

Helping to Kickstart the second one make me so proud. :D

2015-2017 movies about political identity issues, Ghostbusters remake, Annie. Whats next? Final Fantasy Advent Children getting its own spin. Just saying "Shrugs" This is what happens when you are not faithful to the original works though.... so sad. They cant make their own so they have to leech of something successful.

This is a Netflix Show rather than an anime (despite being based on one) and it also has a whole thread devoted to talking about it: https://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19545

X :neo:

I have now watched the first season of Boku no Hero Academia.

It is a nice underdog story. I'm curious enough to watch the second season (which I'll be doing sometime in August when my friend returns) but I'm not falling in love with the show or becoming particularly invested. The show mostly reminds me that I am really, really eager for the second season of One Punch Man.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Been slowly making my way through Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. It's an endearing and sweet anime with plenty of humor, and it has this simplistic yet adorable art style. And the dragon's have rainbow hair I wanna make fanart. :closedmonster: I have just one more episode left before it's over.
Totally recommend if you want to watch a pretty humorous, cute, and laid back series. ^_^

Am currently watching both Konosuba and the Fate parody series Carnival Phantasm, both are very comedic and gosh, it's so nice to watch comedy sometimes. I never really watched a lot of more 'pure comedy' series, but I am really enjoying it.

Finished Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works like a couple weeks ago maybe and it's SOOOO GOOOD but it's also pretty serious. Which I love, but lighthearted comedy is great to balance it out with. <3 (Also the new Berserk anime is super serious so.... XD)

Been using the Crunchyroll app a lot for anime, I've got several more lined up to watch too. :monster: Eeeee my new internet is so good <3

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Started watching Kakegurui and Fate/Apocrypha, unfortunately both shows are being licensed by NETFLIX (with the later only being available on November)

The salty thing is that NETFLIX.JP does simulcast these shows!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Good thing Unlimited Translation Works is around or we'd be waiting til November to see it on Netflix :closedmonster:

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
so i was watching death note with my mother 2 weeks ago and she goes and sneaks to look at the MAJOR spoiler about L! WHAT THE HECK, no she has no interest watching the show anymore, so i asked my father to look at it with me instead and switched to steins gate with her...jeez.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
A Crunchyroll original anime.

EDIT: Full trailer, really looking forward to what this could bring on the future.

Last edited:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Finished watching Little Witch Academia which was really good.
Currently watching Sakura Quest, which is a hidden gem, IMO. So easy to miss because of the title and the "cute-girly" cover, so I'd encourage you to check out the whereabouts of the queen of the kingdom of Cupakabura who got the job by mistake after 30+ unsuccessful job applications :P

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
watching vampire knight and holy cow it was so not what i expected, the characters are so well rounded especially zero!!!!

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I saw this 18 minute anime short from 2013 called Hinata no Aoshigure. It's really cute and gives the feels.

It's good that they've released/are releasing the films that hasn't gotten a prior release under Disney. I imagine the rights issues and whatnot are different, since it's pre-Ghibli, but I wonder if they'd ever pick up Takahata's Gauche the Cellist (or if not GKIDS, then maybe Discotek'll do it someday). Or even Takahata's pre-Ghibli shows like Anne of Green Gables or Heidi. That's probably wishful thinking, but it's a bit weird that Anne hasn't ever gotten a North American release when it's an adaptation of a Canadian novel.

Top Bottom