Duck Tales reboot.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Oh look! Honest to god non-flash animation! Must have been the 90s, but I don't remember that.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
When I was a little girl, Webby was my favorite character, mostly cause I always like whoever the girl was. Being an adult now it's REALLY nice to see they reworked her character and it seems she's going to be more of the group now and not just some stereotypical cutsie token female. I was always really disappointed in her in the movie when she kept screwing up with her wishes, so it's good to see her actually helping out and being part of the adventures here. I'm really excited about it.

The voices will take some getting used to but man am I ever pumped for this. I can't wait. I think it looks awesome so far.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
No posts since the premiere?

brEa1BA.png

Look at my eyes, Daisy. One of them is a fake cause I lost it in an accident. Since then, I’ve been seeing the past in one eye, and the present in the other, so I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I ended up watching it at work yesterday, and I was really surprised at the quality. It's a really friggen good show. Plus it was a blast to hear some of my favorite voice actor's doing very different roles than I'm used to them doing, especially Kate Micucci as Webby.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't have Disney Channel so I didn't watch it.

However, looks like it's up on Youtube:

At around 2:09
"Alright boys, we'll get to Cape Suzette and back before anyone realizes we're gone." Tale Spin reference!!!!

That's as far as I've gotten, will finish later.

Last edited:
Just watched the two first episodes. Effin' excellent stuff. My main gripe is that I can't make out 25% of what Donald Duck is saying.

I've been trying to decipher Launchpad's Swedish for over half an hour and it's a NIGHTMARE. >__________<

This reddit thread seems to have gotten the sentence down but holy cow is it a difficult reading to interpret. My ears found so many ways to interpret what he said but I couldn't create a coherent sentence out of it.

By the way "Subina" is pronounced the same as the name "Sabina" and is a common enough name in Sweden.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Been watching the episodes so far yesterday and have to say this is pretty good :monster:

Also I hear Darkwing Duck is eventually gonna make an appearance? :O

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Been watching the episodes so far yesterday and have to say this is pretty good :monster:

Also I hear Darkwing Duck is eventually gonna make an appearance? :O

Yeah. I think there's a pop figure out already. But a bunch of towns from Disney Afternoon shows have been name dropped. Gooftroop, Darkwing Duck, and Tales Spin IIRC at the very least.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
*wipes tears from eyes*

Blimey. What an incredibly well written show! I can't believe I'm witnessing a nostalgic reboot done right. So many small hints and links to the old show and expanded continuity, but all done without missing a step for both fresh and old fans to enjoy.

Engaging stories, fleshed out characters, funny scenes, continuity ... everything is on point. You really can see the care and time that has been put into this.

I absolutely love it.

Wow.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

I'm still surprised they did this and so soon. I figured in maybe the last episode we'd see her reunited with the triples, but not in the second season. ... fucking cartoons making me tear up in 2019

Top Bottom