Orphan Black was the best show currently on television and why haven't you watched it yet?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So Delphine isn't S mole, at least not the one that led her to Coady. Which makes things very confusing because who the hell is the mole then? By the show's timeline they've only known about the island for about a month maybe. I've come up with two candidates that aren't insane choices:

1) Susan - She would be the most probable, she knows S, she's not fully on board with Neolution's plans atm, she's a hostage essentially and she knows Coady very well. So maybe she found a way to communicate with S. Possibly through Ira?

2) Marion Bowles - Now this one is unlikely but I'll tie it into my own theory as to what happened to her. We find Charlotte with Susan in season 4 with no mention of Marion and no explanation whatsoever as to what happened. When MK sees Charlotte with Susan she assumes Marion is dead but is she? I've been wondering since season 2 what were her motives for helping Clone Club. Here's my theory, Marion works for Susan and was her mole in Dyad. Marion says that Charlotte was the only successful attempt from Dyad to recreate LEDA but Susan mentions in season 4 that she cloned Charlotte directly from Rachel. This is at least 10 years after she faked her death so one how did Susan get genetic material from Rachel? (unless she already had it) and two how did Marion get Charlotte if her creator was believed to be dead by Dyad. This is why I believe Marion is in fact not dead and is S mole. I'll admit I could be way off here since I haven't re watched seasons 2 and 3 in a while and that my theory is partially fueled by my hope that the series brings back Michelle Forbes. I love her, I even love her as Cain in Battlestar Galactica and I fucking hate Cain.

Lex

Administrator
I'm rewatching season 1 and have been reminded that there are nuances to Siobhan's character that only people who understand the old (and for some people, current) British/ Irish conflict will "get". I think that's why I like her character so much tbh, I know most of you can appreciate her for just generally being a bit of a badass, but there's a dimension there that's a lot more local to me because of the fact that she's northern Irish and also a badass with underground contacts etc.

This probably sounds like a nowhere-going ramble but it's a really important aspect of her character that's never outwardly stated and it only just occurred to me that it'll be completely lost on anyone that isn't actually from the UK or Ireland. It'd be lost on a lot of people here even, but not most of us Scots lol.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Holy fuck. That's accurate. They're also not even previewing ANYTHING from the next episode. 3 episodes left. Jeeze damn. I am fucking blown away.

X :neo:

I just got caught up. I thought the first couple of episodes were just OK, but the last few have been some of the best of the whole series, especially episode 7.

Holy fuck at Rachel gouging her eye out with a martini glass stem.

Westmoreland as the main bad guy has grown on me. The only thing this season that I'm not sure how I feel about is Coady being back. I mean, it's a nice way to tie Castor (kind of) back into the main story, but, it's implied that Susan arranged for her to be sent her off to the psych ward/drugged up rather than killing her, right? I kind of have a hard time buying Susan being willing to let Charlotte die to get a cure for the clones, but not be willing to kill Coady.

Lex

Administrator
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can't i can't i can't i can't i can't

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I knew if from the second that S said she was going to get flowers, but I'm still fucking DEVASTATED. Tears and pain only somewhat mitigated by the schadenfreude at that fuck getting shot in the throat and dying in front of her, but dear fucking gods, it's all so very very tragic and my heart is in pieces.

I hope that Helena absolutely murders the lot of the rest of them, because I need that – especially after them killing Gracie in front of her. Without her, I think that Castor's gonna wrap itself up.

Lex

Administrator
I was hoping all the way through that it was a red herring but alas.
Pretty much my favourite character, dead. I'm gutted.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Same.
It's been a long time since a character death properly ripped a sea tears out of my face, but S's left me utterly wrecked.

Like, there isn't a single thing that I don't love about her character. She was strong, and utterly unrelenting to make sure that her own were safe, and I remember back in season 1 when we weren't sure if she was totally on the up and up, and she just came through in spades and tend some over and over again. I also liked her and Delphine teaming up to make the necessary deal with the devil to get what they need that none of the clones ever wouldn't been ok with doing after what he did to M.K.

I can't believe that there're only two episodes left. I'll probably be gutted all over again when they find the note that she left for them.

Lex

Administrator
As a result of the discussed episode I'm continuing my rewatch - currently on season 4 and
the scenes with S are just bone chilling. When she's comforting Cosima she calls her chicken. Then there are the scenes with Ferdinand and S. Oof. Whole new dynamic.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
As a result of the discussed episode I'm continuing my rewatch - currently on season 4 and
the scenes with S are just bone chilling. When she's comforting Cosima she calls her chicken. Then there are the scenes with Ferdinand and S. Oof. Whole new dynamic.

Gods, I can't even imagine how rough this is gonna be. My girlfriend hasn't seen any of the series, and I'm planning on binging it with her as soon as the final season ends.
I know that every time S. says, "chicken(s)" is just gonna hit me right in the feels.

Can't believe it's almost over.

About 5.09,
I understand the reasons for going with a different actress for young Helena (the Ukrainian and all), but it just took me right out of the episode. The actress was really good and, admittedly, she looks more like a young Tatiana Maslany than Charlotte's actress does, but it was very jarring after the show went out of its way - just last week, I think? - to explicitly underline that Charlotte is what all the clones looked like when they were younger. The way that Rachel and Helena's backstories parallel each other makes it even more distracting.

I'm genuinely surprised that Rachel didn't get killed off (yet?) - I had been thinking that if a clone was gonna get killed off this season that it was gonna be her, and I really thought she was a goner with that scene with Ferdinand. She's been my favorite for a while since her story has been the most interesting to me and she was always fun as a villain, so I'm glad she's still around but I'm wondering where they're gonna go with her in the end. I can't see her hanging out with the rest of clone club.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Oh man. I can't even believe that this is gonna wrap up tomorrow. It seems like the season just started. I guess I'll read my Orphan Black Deviations comics to console myself afterwards.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

All the tears.

Hearing about Tat individually wrapping on the characters and the cast and everyone feeling like they're actually different people made me so damn full of feels.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I stopped at S02E07 three years ago for whatever reason. :P

Since the show is done I decided this is the perfect time for jumping back in to bingewatch on Netflix. I have rewatched season 1 and just finished season 2. :monster:

Top Bottom